Chapter 26: Caught in a Bad Dream

;)

HELLO CLASS, WHO IS HERE TODAY?

WHO'S READY FOR SUMMER???? ( GET OUT NEXT WEEK LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL)

POST YOUR BEST COMMENT ON THE CHAPTER FOR A CHANCE TO GET ON MY INSTAGRAM!!! COMPLIMENTS MY WAY ARE APPRECIATED BUT NOT NECESSARY! (GIVE ME COMPLIMENTS, BETCH.)

Follow me on Twitter/Instagram/Snapchat for exclusive content that I post and to creep on my life!!! Username is katrocks247 for all!

* * *

I was falling...falling.

A wrath of raw heat on my feet jolted me into awareness. I was hanging halfway off my bed. Panicked, I pulled myself up and swatted at my smoking thick black wool socks, having a vague memory of putting them, and locked eyes with the blazing red eyes of the supernatural creature at the head of my bed.

The culprit.

"Cruentas!" I shouted, shooing away the miniature black stallion. He hurdled over the mountain of blankets and stomped playfully on the blankets towards me. "What are you, my alarm clock?"

Air pushed quickly out of his nostrils in a high-pitched whine that sounded a lot like laughter. Yes, yes he was.

I wiped the sleepiness from my eyes and swung my legs off my bed. Around my waist, was a harness, which held the miniature Book of the Dead, held in a series of strange clasps. I fiddled with it and the clasps wouldn't budge, but the harness could unbuckle. I decided to keep it on. As I took in the dark and modern bedroom, my chest went a little bit heavy as I remembered the events of the night before.

I had locked mouths with perhaps the sexiest–I mean, the most aggravating–being on the planet, and now I had to deal with the awkward "we-totally-madeout-last-night-even-though-we-are-toxic-for -each other" conversation. Not that I ever had that conversation before...

I slid off the bed and explored the room. There was a gorgeous glass wardrobe in the corner of the room, which I couldn't believe I hadn't taken notice to before. A grey wood flooring spread beneath my feet, which color-wise, seemed uncharacteristic to death, but sensation wise, fit his cold, hard nature. Make no mistake; every aspect of furniture and decoration in the room reflected the Grim Reaper. The walls were stripped of color. There was a walk in closet. It was very spacious and empty.

I entered the bathroom slowly because I knew there had to be a mirror waiting inside. After watching demons interact with mirrors one-too many times, I was skeptical of every one I saw. The bathroom was pretty large with a shower and luxurious square bath tub. Although the entire bathroom was so modern and better than a spa, it still held a lifelessness of the rest of Death's guest room. There weren't many colors or decorations. There were a couple samples of shampoos and conditioners lined up at the edge of the tub. Mini hotel lotion, mini hand soap, mini toothpaste, and a mini traveling toothbrush.

Believe me, I was overwhelmed with joy by the beauty of this bathroom, especially when I saw the massive bathtub. But this all just screamed, "You're only here a week, then you're out," and I couldn't ignore it.

I frowned at that thought, realizing I disappointed that he'd given me hotel and traveling products for my stay at the Death Star Hotel. Hotel products were temporary. Disposable. Was that how he thought of me? I mean, I guess I didn't expect to live in his apartment very long, but this was very...assertive.