Chapter 48: His Genesis

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!! 

What's POPPIN'? Hopefully Faith's _____, amirite???? 

All in good time. All in good time.

Twitter/Instagram: Katrocks247

Follow the Facebook group for Death is My BFF for exclusive content and Death HOTNESS!! Link in my bio on Wattpad or you can just search it! <3

Don't forget to vote and leave lots of feedback!!! It helps me get my name out there and get some recognition! I also read all the comments. ;)

            The thought crossed my mind that Death might have been protecting me with these shadow, after I'd been warped into an eerie series of visions. Still,  with no feasible escape or indication from Death that he was "all there," I imagined the small ring of darkness surrounding us was an arena, and me and Death's full form were about to fight to the death.

My mind whirled at that thought, and his talons flexed at his side.

Get a hold of yourself, bitch! It's just Death. Which... is exactly why you are terrified.

"Um, hey," I said, rather awkwardly.

To make matters even more uncomfortable, Death's full form just stared back at me. He worked jaw in an odd, animal-like way.

"Anybody home?" I asked, half-joking. 

"Hungry," Death's demon-creature-beast-thing form growled. The hairs on my forearms rose. Now that was a voice I never wanted to hear again. Hell, every hair on my damn body was standing up, like an audience in a movie theater when the film turns sour and they universally agree to get up to leave.

"Same," I said. Laughing uneasily, I cast another desperate look around us to find one of the Reapers. But all I found was a wall of shadows. "I could really go for some chicken nuggets right now. Or a Big Mac. Gosh, mortal junk food is amazing. It's a shame that I've only been eating healthy food for the last few weeks, so I'd literally taste like a mouthful of grass. If someone were to, you know"–I swallowed– "eat me, or something––"

Death released a low hiss through his fangs. His heavy boot pressed into the blood-stained ground as he took a single step toward me, and I winced at the thought of my blood soon mingling with that dirt.

"Talking too much," I said. "Got it. Message received."

Shadows and darkness kept pulsing from his frame, his wings. I was so afraid that I felt rooted to my spot.

"I don't want to hurt you," I said, my teeth slightly chattering from both fear and the cold. "And you don't want to hurt me, either. I think. Which is exactly why you should shake your head like a cartoon right now and snap out of it."

Great. Now Death's full form had started prowling around me in a slow stride as I spoke. He was shirtless, drawing my attention the night shade of his skin, which hid the tattoos riddling his skin. I mean, can you blame me for ogling? He was a glorious, horrific beauty––a delicious lure shelling out from his skin, a poison of a predator enticing its prey closer. Enticing me. A nightmare that both mesmerized and terrorized. A poison with a sweet aftertaste. His power vibrated of him like an invisible aura. It saturated the air between us with menace, hunger, an undeniable seduction.

I spun toward him, tracking him as he circled me like a shark. "Stop that," I commanded him. "Stop using your Grim power thingy on me."

He sniffed the air. A low noise vibrating his throat. Then he snarled and I jumped backwards.