Chapter 46: Bloodthirsty

WHAT'S UP?????? HOW IS EVERYONE'S SUMMER? *hot girl summer twerk*

TIS' FEEDING TIME, MY CHILDREN!!!!

Don't forget to vote, leave lots of feedback, and share this story with your buddies to support me!!! <3

That was about as much talking as Death could evidently handle, as he quickly reformed the conversation back to strategy and booted me out of the bedroom and into the living room. There wasn't much time for conversation anyway, as Leo, Romeo, Wolf, Blade, Gunner, Denim and Flash had all showed up to travel with us to the Grey-wood cemetery. Unlike Death and his Fallen–some of which were supposedly going meet us at the graveyard–none of the Reapers had wings, which meant we all had to travel by car.

Leo, Wolf, Gunner, and Flash traveled in one car, while I traveled in another, sandwiched between a stoical Denim and an exasperated Blade in the back of a Cadillac, while Romeo boasted in the driver seat about how he founded the term "ménage à trois" in 1856, that monogamy is a social trap, amongst many other Romeo-related topics.

"And that's why I have a past of only having prolonged sexual affairs with stuffy female gynecologists," Romeo concluded, as we pulled into a bare parking lot.

"Shut," Blade hissed, gripping his head against the car window, "the fuck. Up."

Romeo snickered. "Clearly, I'm not the only one who suffers with high testosterone levels in this vehicle. But one of us took care of it tonight." He popped his center console open as he parked the Cadillac. "Want a flesh light to go? Nothing a quick little wank can't cure, mate."

Blade lunged across me for Romeo, when Denim grabbed Blade around the throat and threw him back into his seat beside me. "Enough. Both of you. There's a mortal in the car."

"Half-mortal," I squeaked, pressed back against my seat as Denim and Blade glared at each other on either side of me. "At least, I think so. I don't know too many humans can shoot laser beams from their fingers."

"I don't know about that, Cheeks," Romeo said, working a floss stick through his teeth in the rear-view mirror. "You reek of human."

Blade sniffed in my direction, and his nostrils flared like he was instantly repelled. Funny, Death had that same reaction.

Suddenly, Fallen hit the ground around the Cadillac, surrounding us with leather hoods and weapons. The shadow of menacing wings tucked gracefully into their back. I counted at least ten in my line of vision.

"These are some of Death's Fallen," Romeo said, as if to explain it to me, and cut the engine. "Just a precaution. Let's do this thang."

Denim and Blade got out of the Cadillac on either side of me. I scooched out after Denim and slammed the door behind me. The Fallen shifted, moving into a formation with their hands clasped behind their back. The one with the buzz cut in the center stepped forward as Leo approached them.

"I am Reaper Leonard, Lead Commandant of the Seven," Leo said. "What is your status?"

"I am Fallen Morax, Battle of Order Lead Commander, Legion Six-Nine," said Buzz Cut. I threw my hand over my mouth to suppress my sudden laughter, which turned it into a loud raspberry. Morax's black eyes flicked to each of the Reapers, before landing on me with a brief flicker of surprise. "Is that...?"

"Yes, that is the girl," Leo answered. "She is to be protected at all costs."

The hoard of hooded soldiers all swiveled their head to look at me, whispering amongst each other.