Chapter 60: Peter Pan, Tinkerbell and Wendy

This is the last chapter of TMOTG. Thank you for making it this far.
---------

“Babe-“

“Ricci please not now.” Pagpuputol ‘ko sa kanya at napaupo na lang sa sofa na sumuporta sa akin nang mahina ang mga tuhod ‘ko. Hindi ‘ko alam kung saan pa ako kukuha ng lakas ng loob para tanggapin pa ang panibagong kaganapan na ito. All of these problems are eating me alive and hindi pa ako nakakabangon sa nauna ko’ng problema ay ito na naman ang sumulpot! I’m being haunted by my parents’ past and I don’t think I can handle this all alone. I don’t think I can deal with them with the little strength and wit I have. I don’t think I can dwell wholeheartedly with this problem that rooted because of wanting revenge for her parents. I know how it feels to lose someone I love and believe me when I say that it hurts like hell to see my parents being buried six feet below the ground. But hell how would I feel being taken revenge of when all I have is my own strength that no one ever gave to me.

I swallow the lump in my throat as tears stream down my face, soaking every pain I’m feeling and exhaustion that’s overflowing my system. The exhaustion of being beaten repeatedly is just too main stream for me. It’s like I’m being washed over and over and I’m all worked out.

“Lillian I didn’t know…”

“I know Ricci. I know it’s not your fault.” I softly replied as I wiped my tears. “I just don’t know how to deal with this problem anymore. Pagod na pagod na ‘ko Ricci at hindi ‘ko alam kung anong pwedeng maging epekto nito sa mga anak ‘ko.” I confessed at naramdaman ‘ko ang pagtabi niya sa akin. “Babe why do every time I’m being at eased, another problem comes and it’s really exhausting, really.”

“I’m sorry mahal ‘ko.” He whispered as he pulled me in for a hug. “I’ll fix this. I promise I’ll fix this and confirm if what she’s saying is true.” He kissed my hair and I can feel his love for me but I don’t think love alone can fix this. I don’t think that the saying ‘love conquers all’ would work in this case.

“Bunso you should rest. I’ll talk to my lawyers and try to fix this. I’ll file a temporary restraining order for Ali para hindi na siya makalapit sa’yo. I don’t want to risk your pregnancy just because she wanted her petty revenge.”

“Petty?” kunot noo ko’ng tanong at hinarap si Kuya. “Kuya hindi petty ang tamang word para sa ginagawa ni Ali! She wants justice for her mother and I understand her, believe me Kuya. Pero hindi ‘ko alam kung paano ang magiging sitwasyon gayong alam ‘ko ang nararamdaman niya at alam ko’ng gagawin niya ang lahat! She has the money now, after all the money Tita gave to her? Sobrang daming pwedeng patunguhan non and believe me she didn’t went to France to study. I sense something fishy here.”

“Hey babe…” Ricci whispered, stopping me from my thoughts. “Stop with the thinking and rest for now okay? We’ll handle this okay? I’ll try to sort things out and I’ll find a solution to this problem-“

“Ricci, how are you supposed to solve the problem when she’s claiming that she’s pregnant with your child? Paano tayo Ricci? Paano ang pamilya na bubuoin natin? How am I supposed to keep myself strong when all of these problems are demolishing every pillar I’m building? Paano mo sosolusyunan ang batang dinadala ni Ali, kung meron man? Would you get rid of the baby? Ricci buhay ‘yun!”

“No babe I won’t get rid of the baby. But there’s no assurance that that baby is mine! There’s no assurance that surrogacy is possible without a supervision of a doctor. Don’t you think surrogacy is a crucial thing to do without a doctor’s supervision? Lillian will you be sceptical just for once!” paliwanag niya at hinaplos ang mukha ‘ko. “There’s still a chance na hindi sa akin ‘yon at may assurance din na hindi talaga siya buntis. The bump in her tummy has not yet shown and I have the chance to prove to myself and to you that what she’s saying are all lies. That what she’s saying are just words to separate us…” he caressed my cheek as he planted a soft kiss on my lips. “You need not to think but rather rest and trust me. Trust me on this Lillian.” He smiled at me and I was left with no choice but to agree on what he’s proposing. I don’t want anything to do in my past ever again even if it means getting rid of Ali and everyone then I’ll do that. I’ll take that option and have them all gone by my sight and out of my life.