Chapter One - Monsters

Present Day

I was just chatting with my wolf when I was disturbed by the door handle turning.

"You can just come in already, I know your there!" I snapped.

The door handle stopped turning and I heard a deep chuckle, one that sounded oddly familiar. The door opened so slowly I had the urge to get up and rip it open. The person who stood in the doorway had the biggest grin on his face, and it was none other than...

"BRAYDEN!" I yelled throwing my hands up in the air before running at him.

He hugged me as I hung onto him like my life depended on it and he let out another chuckle before kissing me on the head.

"Nice to see you to little sis" he said sounding breathless.

I let him go and my face dropped when I saw his so called friends behind him, the assholes who are always mean to me. Brayden looked over his shoulder then back at me giving me a sheepish smile, he came behind me and pushed me out the door, I looked back at my bags.

Well that will have to wait! I thought to myself.

He led me down stairs to the back door the whole time I glared at his friends. I tried talking to him but he never answered instead all he did was look ahead as though I never spoke a word, his eyes looked like they were almost all black, and it looked very frightening.

He is being a jerk... Sera grumbled.

I know but this isn't Bray it's like he is being controlled or something! I said suspiciously.

At that instant we stopped walking and I realised we were at the edge of the forest, I looked to my brother who looked at me like I was his victim, him being the murderer.

"What's g-going on" I asked stuttering.

"We want to show you something" Macon his friend stated.

I shook my head slowly when Seth and Joanna held me in place, I thrashed around and tried to free myself but they were too strong and I was drained from recently being sick. Brayden came in front of me and held up a locket with strange symbols marked all over it.

"I just need to know if you're anything special" he said sounding more like Macon, the monster he is.

I glared at him and felt scared as I realised he was being controlled or he just changed into this, I vowed I wouldn't be made into one of them and that's why I planned on running. His friends always had some sort of control over him, they tried to hurt me once and since then I hated them, I would never join their colt.

"Now let's hope you are or this will have been a great waste of time as I have important things to be doing" he scoffed.

I widened my eyes, this was so not Brayden, I felt a tear escape my eye and I watched as he held the locket in front of my face, it started glowing and the glow got brighter and brighter. I looked away it was too bright, I could hear laughing, evil laughing but it was Macon's. That was when I noticed the hold on me had loosened a lot, I took this chance. I turned to face the two who had held me and kicked them both in the stomach hearing them yell and fall, I still couldn't see but I could hear my brother and the slow swing of the locket. I ran at him using hearing as my guide and got him where it hurts, he gasped and fell to the ground releasing the locket as soon as it left his grasp I thought the light would stop but it didn't. The locket landed near my foot and it got brighter if possible, I did the one thing I could think of but stopped just before I did. What if it's something valuable? What if it doesn't work?

Just do it already before Macon becomes unfazed by the light Sera hissed.

I looked up and could just see Macon faintly blinking he then saw me and got up from the ground before shielding his eyes again.

DO IT NOW!

I stomped as hard as I could on the locket and did that a few times as it shattered the light faltered and I could see again. I did a little happy dance and heard a groan, I looked to my left and my brother was looking at me with regret and pain and his eyes where back to normal, Macon was blinking uncontrollably, behind me I saw the other two start getting up so that was my queue. I mumbled sorry Bray under my breath and I ran back to the house and found my room, I gathered my things and left a quick messy note saying what happened and telling them to help my brother before I burst through the front door. I got a little down my driveway and I looked back.

Bye

I started running down the street with nothing but forest on either side, my house was secluded. I avoided the forest at all costs knowing they could be anywhere inside and ran through multiple towns and places till I collapsed somewhere.

3 Hours later

I woke up to the sound of a truck and realised I had collapsed next to a highway, I grabbed something to drink and eat from my bag. I stood up and started walking away from the direction I came in, there was only place I was going and it wasn't there or here.

Angel