Prolonge

CINDERBEAST

Prolonge

He woke in heaps of sweat, the heated sun resting on his face. Yet it wasn't the sun that caused the sweat to roll off his skin. It was a nightmare. The terrified screams echoed in his mind as he began to feel dizzy. Images of the beast howling at the full moon encroached his every thought. But what scared Elliot the most, was to see the beast disappear with the moon, revealing a small boy. It was none other than Elliot himself.

Elliot's rounded shaped face and chubby cheeks were painted with blood. Even his chapped lips were coated in blood, sadly not his own. His lanky arms stood still beside his delicate build. Elliot's curved earlobes were perched up as if trying to hear something. Beyond his long eyelashes, revealed unnatural glowing blue eyes, while in reality, his eyes were that of an amber brown. Just above his glowing blue eyes, were a set of thin eyebrows furrowed in anger. Elliot's usually slicked back, short white-blond hair rested on his eyes, making it impossible to see the emotion in his eyes. It was strange both his hair color and eye color had changed in his dream, maybe it wasn't him, Elliot hoped.

Shaking the thoughts out of his head, making his way to the door of his bedroom. Elliot stood with wobbly feet, trembling the whole way through the corridor to the lounge. His knees were close to buckling beneath him. The sound of his mother singing was the only thing that calmed him.

The words played in his head,

Lay down your head, and I'll sing you a lullaby

Back to the years of loo-li lai-lay

And  I'll sing you to sleep and

I'll sing you tomorrow.

Bless you, with love for the road that you go.

He leaned his seven-year-old frame along the walls, trying to shake his dizziness. Elliot wanted nothing more than to take himself right to bed. Even the nightmares didn't seem to bad at the moment. He just couldn't take seeing himself within the beast. 'Am I really like that beast', he thought.

Pushing any further thoughts out of his mind, he stepped into the lounge seeming as if he were strong. Elliot looked towards his left, his sister sat there on the couch, looking as if she just got home.

Strands of golden blonde hair flattened on her hourglass shoulders as she moved her toque. Her naturally narrowed ocean blue eyes were like a siren's, leading people forward to their deaths. Elizabeth's creamy complexion and rosy cheeks held her light freckles. She held a diamond shaped face and a small upturned nose. Elizabeth's pink plum lips were nothing but a thin line on her face she was beautiful, yet nothing compared to her mum.

Their mum, on the other hand, had an abundant number of people captivated by her effortless beauty. Her unique deep violet diamond eyes caught attention from everyone. It didn't help the fact that her waist-length white blonde hair-which caressed her perfectly shaped body- was pulled into a tight bun.  A frequent number of woman couldn't help but envy Adeline's heart-shaped face and glowing golden skin. Her lips were also nothing but a thin line the colour of pink. With one look, anyone would be able to see the wisdom radiating from her. 

Adeline stared at her baby girl with such loving eyes. Elliot wanted nothing more than to sit in front of her, listening to her sing. Yet he sat near Elizabeth on the sofa, wondering what she wrote.

"What are you writing?" he questioned. Elliot's voice was that of an alto's.

Elizabeth stopped writing momentarily to glance at Elliot, and looked back down at her paper. Completely ignoring him. " Just writing." She answered dodging the question halfway. Her voice was a soft soprano.