Chapter Six

Elliot quickly dressed himself fixing every string out of place on his shirt. He wiped the dripping sweat off of his face with a rag that hung on the corner of a wooden chair.

He hadn't bothered to walk out the chambers awaiting his Madam's arrival. The white blonde-haired man stood slightly out of breath from his morning 'activity.' Double checking his attire. He stood tall watching as Madame Barnum stepped into his view.

The wet drips on her body made her pale skin glisten, and the white towel wrapped around her hid nothing private, although Elliot didn't feel uncomfortable having already seen what was underneath. Keeping his face neutral he held up the beautiful sewned pink dress fit for the wealthy, watching as she dropped the towel and pulled her arms and legs into the thick material. Elliot made no comment when she purposely had forgotten to place a corset or any other necessities before placing a dress on. Madam usually complained about the low comfort level of it all.

He tied all of the strings together making it tight enough to fit, but loose enough so she would be able to breathe.

She turned around a slick smile perched on her face, " Thank you," Madam whispered in his ear. Elliot smiled and bowed his head, he turned toward the wooden dresser on the side of Madam Barnum's chambers and grabbed his white gloves, placing them on his hands.

The young man went first opening the double doors for her, however she stayed back looking at Elliot. "Tell my daughters and your sister to come to my chambers. And be a dear and tell all the servants the news."

Bowing, he walked out of the chambers and closed the door. The moment he walked out of her chambers he breathed deeply as if he had been holding his breath. Closing his eyes, Elliot took a moment to collect himself. Every morning. He regrets coming to and from Madam Burnum's chambers. He was given a choice at the beginning towards the end. He was the one who chose it. A deal was a deal, even if Burnum didn't fully abide by the deal. Elliot tolerated it. And accepted the terms. With the exception of a few rules. She was never allowed to ask where he went at night.

Servants were told to stay in their chambers at night. Elliot was the exception.

He walked with a fast pace, turning towards the teenagers chambers. All three near one another. He didn't bother to hide the urgency, not wanting to keep her madam waiting, and sadly he wanted to hurry with the news for the servants.

Rather than knocking he entered his sisters chambers knowing already what she would be doing. He paused at the door watching as her brown eyes roamed over the words in her book. He smiled for a minute, realizing he hadn't seen her sister since the day with Charles. "Ethel." He spoke softly as to not startle her. She glanced up and an easy smile appeared. Placing the book down, she moved closer wrapping her small hands around her brother. Ethel stood on the tip of her toes as she struggled to place her chin on Elliot's shoulder.

They pulled away, taking a moment to just breathe in each others presence. They haven't been allowed to meet often.

" I missed you brother."

He scoffed playfully, " You saw me a few days ago."

"For a second."

"Well, I'm afraid this is going to last a second also. Madame Burnum wants to see you. I have to go get your sisters." Ethel's smile immediately dropped, " They are not my sisters. They are people who took us in for your loyalty. Which I believe they are taking advantage of. Elliot you don't have to stay because of me. I'm old enough to take care of myself."