Chapter Twelve

There was once a time where Elliot had loved his older sister. Truly loved her. The feelings of love were conveyed by such a simple gesture. A warmth was all that was felt that day.

At the age of six, he laid down under the Christmas tree staring at the popcorn strung around the green leaves. His father had personally cut down the tree himself and made sure not to bring any animals or insects along with it. Elliot's brown eyes wandered about picturing what could possibly be through the decorated wrappings.

The sound of his neighbor's son running around-we'll more of stumbling around, echoed in there living room. Elliot chuckled when he heard the sound of Jacob falling. It was funny because, at the time, Elliot felt as if Jacob should have already been walking normally. Like Elizabeth and himself.

He continued to chuckle until he finally stood and slowly walked to Jacob. The six-year-old grabbed under the miniature boy's arms and helped him stand up. Jacobs small frame pushed into him and almost made him lose balance. Gaining it back, he trailed his feet backward slowly drawing Jacob with him.

Elliot really wanted a younger brother. Small eyes, small nose, chubby cheeks. They were all too adorable for Elliot not to want. For once Elliot wanted to be the one taking care of someone. He wanted to protect his (expectedly) future younger brother. Elizabeth at the age of eighteen came to watch her younger brother drag the neighbor's son around the floor. Jacob giggled, drool dripping from his chin.

A wide but gentle smile spreads across her face as if she were looking after her own child. It seemed even wider as Elliot tripped over his own legs and they both tumbled down. She laughed causing Elliot to laugh. However,  Jacob began to cry, immediately withdrawing his mother from the standing adults.

"Aww. It's all right Jacob. It's okay."

Elliot felt bad for a minute, turning to his own parents for comfort only to see them a bit occupied with a few of the other guest that had appeared. Suddenly a hand invaded his personal space and the other ruffled his beautifully soft brown hair.

Looking up, he saw Elizabeth smiling down at him. Although there were no tears streaming down his puffy cheeks, his eyes gave the sudden sadness away. He hesitantly smiled at her as she ruffled his hair once more.

"Don't feel too bad, it wasn't your fault. It was a mistake, after all your only human."

Elliot tried to blink the tiredness out of his eyes as he sloppily traced the quill over the parchment paper. His head continuously boobed up and down as he tried to wake. A hand gripped at a small patch of his white hair and yanked Elliot's head back until he fell from the wooden chair. He immediately woke up with a yelp falling from between his lips. Hurriedly searching for the person who had made him fall, he glanced at Fletcher with his hands crossed and foot tapping impatiently.

The glare immediately disappeared as he smiled sheepishly resting his hand on the back of his neck. " Hello. um...how is life?"Ignoring his question, Fletcher raised his eyebrow as if asking if he were being serious or not. " Don't 'Hello' me. You wanted to learn how to read and write, but here you are sleeping. Get up."

With a hesitant smile on his face, Elliot stood from the ground and placed his chair in the correct place. " I was taking a small break, besides I know my ABCs now, I believe I deserve a little bit of sleep or at least a break."

Fletcher turned towards Calitxtos and Christopher sitting on the couches. " What do you think?" He asked his lover, already knowing that he would be on his side.