Chapter Eleven

Chapter eleven:

The handsome man, Christopher, stood only inches away from the door he came out of. Elliot could only stare in shock for a minute. A burning sensation raised in him as he stared at Christopher, watching his eyes meet Fletcher and Calixtos. Until finally, their eyes met and he became lost in the man's soft, warm brown irises. It was as if he was being sucked into a vortex of mixed feelings. Christopher gazed into Elliot's bright blue eyes as an intense feeling of want overwhelmed him.

Ignoring the feeling, he stepped a bit closer towards the three frames sitting at a circular table. "Who?' he asked again, feeling dazed and confused. His head tingles and his body ached. " Is that my name?" He questioned. How could he not remember his own name? "C-Christopher?" Closing his eyes, he placed his hand over his face as he strived to remember. He didn't care how vulnerable the gesture had seemed or how ghastly he had felt. He couldn't remember. Not his name, age, where had come from, not even the color of his own eyes. It was all....gone.

Fletcher stood up quickly and strode towards the confused man. He placed a hand over Christopher's backbone trying to calm him down. His eyes connected with Calixtos as to convey his worry to his lover. He caught Elliot eyes, motioning him forward.

Elliot was scared and worried. Although the ma-Christopher had awoken-Elliot could only produce the feeling of terror for him. It wasn't quite fair. Elliot might not have remembered the night of the Royal Ball, but it seemed Christopher couldn't even remember his name. He stood up and positioned himself beside Fletcher, unsure as to why he had been called over.

Before Fletcher could give out an order, Christopher quickly moved away from the touch of him. "Don't touch me!" Calixtos moved a bit closer thinking that Chris would hit Fletcher. However, Fletcher stopped him and only moved an inch away from the man with memory loss.

Elliot flinched at the sudden booming voice. His heart ached quite a bit for this man. "W-wh-what is going on?" Chris had finally gotten out, after a while of just taking deep breaths. " Why..why can't I remember anything?"

Elliot panicked a bit when he saw the man began to sway and instantly stepped forward and grabbed him by his forearm. Christopher tried to pull away mumbling he didn't need Elliot's help, but Elliot glared and snatched the man's arm back before steering him towards the couch. Upon standing next to each other, Christopher couldn't help but compare heights. They were fairly close in height only Elliot had one or two inches on him.

Sitting down on the less than comfy couch, Christopher felt his chest began to tighten lup. Elliot stood beside him, waiting just in case something would happen. " Are you okay?" He asked hesitantly. Of course, the man wasn't all right, he just lost his memory.

When Christopher didn't answer him, Elliot's worry grew; glancing at Fletcher and Calixtos his eyes went droopy with sadness. " Aren't you the doctor, what's wrong with him?"

" He's panicking," Calixtos said simply. Fletcher nudged his shoulder against Calixtos's arm since he wasn't tall enough to reach his shoulder. Calixtos smiled and chuckled a bit, " I'm afraid that because he was giving such a shock, his mind is trying to protect him and block out anything that revolves around that night."

"Everything?" Christopher muttered to himself, "Who am I?" Tears clouded his vision as he dug his head in between his legs, he was struggling not to have a breakdown. Not to become angry. Not to become scared. For some reason, he felt as if he weren't allowed to. He was supposed to suck it up and move on. "Your name is Christopher," Fletcher spoke, " That's all I can say." The sound of Fletcher's voice caused Chris to glance up at the colored man through shielded eyes.

He wanted to feel happy to know one item about his identity, but he felt greedy desiring to know more about himself. Where had he come from? How old was he? Who were his parents? Did he hold any siblings? Anything. Anything else, that could possibly steer him to the correct path.