Chapter Seven

The next morning he was standing in the exact same spot as he was before he left Madame Burnam's room. This time he was fully dressed waiting for her to turn around. He wasn't sure how she would feel about him asking for his sister to go to the Royal Ball. So he went for the direct route, he didn't want to prolong the question for too long.

"Madam, may I ask for a request."

Her eyes flicked up towards Elliot, clearly unhappy with his question."Depends. Is it about that child?" He bowed his head as to not meet her eyes. " Yes Madam. Please allow my sister to go to the Royal Ball. She has been looking forward to the ball since she was young. I know I'm requesting much, but I will do anything you ask of me today and tomorrow. Know matter how big or small."

Madame Burnam stared at Elliot as he avoided her gaze. If he had looked he would have seen the mischief in eyes as a small smirk appeared on her lips. "Then take a day off today. Then report back here for me to give you your next task. "

He glanced up in panic. " Have I done something wrong, Madam. Is there something that you are not pleased with?" Madame Burnam smiled as if hiding a secret. " Get a break today, Elliot. Tomorrow you will work until you can no longer, I want everything clean and spotless for your sister to attend the Royal Ball. And it seems I have given all of my money to my daughters. Ethel needs a dress, and the ones she has now isn't....worthy enough."

" I'm not understanding Madam."

Sighing, " You will report early in the morning, and clean everything tomorrow by yourself. There will be no assistance and anyone who dares to help you will be flogged, and you lose your chances and will be placed in the sandbox. You also must provide an outfit worthy enough for my eyes, with the money you have earned working for me. That is if you have enough. Don't try to start today, your chances will be gone. One more thing. My family will be coming before the Royal Ball, you will be cooking for us all. Now you may leave."

"Mada.." He stopped noticing his Madam staring at him.

Sighing, he exited the room wondering how he was going to do this on his own. He also wondered how he would pay for a gown. He only had enough coins to pay for a loaf of bread. He would try to bargain, but even then there wouldn't be enough. And there would be no way he'd have the house clean in a day, no matter how early he'd start. Madame Burnam expected failure, and unfortunately so did Elliot.

"Fletcher!Hey, Fletcher. It's Elliot." He yelled as he banged on the door. Elliot heard a aggravated growl on the other side of the door. He leaned back away from the door, standing at the bottom of the steps, waiting. When the door slammed opened, Fletcher, dressed in a dark blue robe, stood there with a scowl on his face. He clearly wasn't expected any guest at this time. Nor did he was he too thrilled about it.

Upon seeing Elliot at seeing his doorstep the scowl on his face deepened by the second. " Aren't you supposed to be serving some Madame?"

"Aren't you supposed to be working in somebody's field?"

(Please do not get mad. One: This is the relationship between them, not me. Two: I am a black person)

" Hahahaha, slave jokes." Fletcher said sarcastically.

Smiling, Elliot stepped through the small crack between the cottage door and Fletcher's muscular body. Fletcher rolled his eyes, closing the door behind Elliot. "Please, make yourself at home, Elliot," he said, not hiding his aggravation.

Fletcher yawned sitting down next to Elliot on his couch. " What are you doing here?" Elliot smiled, not really thinking too much about his question. " I've been given the day off."