Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten:

Wiping a wet rag over the young man's forehead, Elliot leaned down closer. He removed it to dip it into more cold water then twisted the rag to get it to stop dripping, before running it across the young man again. Elliot continuously did that until he felt he had done enough. When he was done he walked out the only room and headed towards his friend.

" Are you sure he'll be okay, Fletcher? He hasn't been awake for weeks. I'm started to get worried." Elliot folded his lips inward as his face showed concern. " I know you said it wasn't my fault, but I'm starting to think otherwise." As usual Elliot couldn't remember what had happened the night he   transformed. Guilt ate at him as he thought about his stupid decision to go to the Royal Ball. He was already cutting it close when he decided to drink the potion Fletcher had gifted him with.

Fletcher moved away from Calixtos to stand in front of Elliot, placing a hand on his friend's shoulders. " I told you that no one was harmed. You must trust me. Besides, I called the doctor just incase." He nodded his head back towards Calixtos.

Elliot narrowed his eyes towards Calixtos,  feeling a bit suspicious, " He doesn't look like any doctor I've seen."

"He is the best doctor I know."

" You don't know many people."

Calixtos laughed catching the attention of Elliot and Fletcher. " That is true. Listen Fletcher's friend, the man will be fine. He had just witnessed a little too much in one day. Stress can make a person sleep." Fletcher nodded his head like he knew what Calixtos was talking about. Stress might have made someone sleep, but for weeks? There was no explanation for that.

" That doesn't explain the fact that his body is burning up. He is sick, and I doubt that it is due to stress. My name is Elliot by the way, I've said this a numerous of  times. It would be nice if you would stop referring me as 'Fletcher's friend.'"

" You make it so easy to mess with you." Fletcher laughed, he was clearly feeling a bit happier than the past few days. He wasn't glaring or yelling, he was smiling. Even the weather outside was becoming a bit brighter. When Elliot pointed this out to Calixtos, he only smiled and said, " Earth is a bit happier today." It confused Elliot to say the least, but he didn't bother to question it. Fletcher was happy, which was a once and a million chance. It wasn't a surprise to Elliot when Fletcher had told him he was blessed with bipolar disorder.

" He will be fine, Elliot," Calixtos  spoke, taking comfort in Elliot's aggravation, "There are not many doctors in this small town, and even if you would have rallied them all at the front door, they would say the same thing.  The young man will wake in due time."

Elliot felt like rolling his eyes, neither Calixtos or Fletcher was answering his questions. It seemed they would find themselves away from the conversation or never truly discussing the matter at hand. Fletcher wouldn't tell him him what had happened after he transformed and Calixtos wouldn't tell Elliot if the young man's condition was his fault or what was really going on. Elliot wasn't stupid and he was tired of them treating him as such.

Sighing, " Whether he wakes or not, tomorrow I must get back to work. I'm sure my sister has been worrying about me. She is alright, right?" Since Elliot hadn't stepped foot in Madame Burnam's house since that night, whether Ethel was alright or not was a mystery to him. Fletcher told him to stay at his home for a few weeks  until the rumors had calmed down.

Fletcher nodded his head at Elliots question.

The public hadn't suspected Elliot, most assumed he had been kidnapped  during the confusion during the Ball. Others were more concerned about the missing Prince. Who would lead our kingdom now?