Jealousy Is An Ugly Thing

SYDNEY POV

A few minutes later, he fell asleep on the bed, so I decided to wander around the place. I peered out the window and noticed that I was in Stark Tower. Tony must have brought us here. He's actually my cousin and I was on my way here when I found Loki. I saw the Avengers sitting in the living room.

"Hey." Steve immediately said, locking me in his arms. He was always such a caring guy. Too bad he's older than my dad.

"How is my brother feeling?" Thor asked.

"He's better. He fell asleep." I replied as I sat back down on the couch with Steve clinging onto my waist like a sloth.

After a while, Natasha and Clint left to have lunch, Tony went to the gym with Pepper, Bruce worked in the lab with Thor, and I was left with Steve in the living room. I was teaching him how to work an iPad, resting on his perfectly chiseled chest.

Suddenly, we heard a ruckus emanate from the bedroom, so we barged in to find Loki lying on the ground. We hurried to help him up.

"Get your hands off of me." He exclaimed, pushing us away.

He tried to get up, but then failed and almost fell back down. Luckily, I caught him. "Thank you." He told me as I helped him onto the bed.

"I think it's better if you stay in bed for a while." I told him. "Just until your leg gets better."

When he finally noticed that Steve was also there, he acknowledged him. "Steve Rogers, why does your presence make me uncomfortable?"

"Maybe because I would be glad to remove your presence from this room." Steve replied.

"Stop it you two." I told them. "Steve, go get an ice pack for Loki's leg."

After Steve left, Loki started talking to me. "So, is he your suitor?"

"No, we're just friends." I replied. "I kinda like him. But he's older than my dad."

"What is the matter with someone older?" Loki asked. "I'm over a thousand years old and I would gladly marry someone who is only five hundred."

"You pedophile." I joked.

"How old are you anyways?" He asked me.

"I'm twenty one." I said.

"And Steve is around his nineties." He added. "But as you say, you are very close."

He pulled me closer to him by the waist. "Closer than this?" We were about to kiss, but then I heard something large drop behind me and Loki winced.

I turned around and it was Steve, he had dropped a large ice pack onto Loki's leg. "Here's the ice pack you asked for." He said and sat down beside me, sliding his hand onto my waist. "Can I speak to you outside dear?" He led me out into the living room.

"What is wrong with you Steve? You hurt the poor guy." I said.

"You can't let him seduce you." Steve told me.

"Why? He's a mortal now and he's really hot." I replied.

"It's just that, I--" He stopped mid sentence. "--don't want you to get hurt."

"Oh Steve. Loki can't hurt me, I just know it." I told him.

"But still..." He said.

"Wait, you're not jealous, are you?" I asked.

"No, I'm not." He replied. "Why would I be jealous?"

I just smirked at him and went back into Loki's room. I found him messing with the things on his side table.

"What is this contraption?" He asked, holding up the telephone.

"It's a phone. You use it to communicate with people far away from you." I explained as I sat down beside him. "Are you feeling any better?"

"Yes, thank you." He replied. "But I'm feeling awfully hungry. I need sustenance."

LOKI POV

She brought me some meat from the ocean covered with seagrass and grains. I started eating it. "This is delicious. What is it called?"

"Sushi." She replied.

I grinned at her. It has been a long time since I had smiled. I like this girl, she makes me happy.

"I can never remember your name." I told her as she was about to leave the room.

"Sydney." She replied. "Sydney Stark."