Epilogue

SYDNEY POV

After recovering from childbirth, Loki and I decided to live in New York. We got our own place of course, Stark Tower wasn't really an ideal place to raise a kid. Hours after moving into the new house, Loki decided it was the perfect time to get down on one knee and propose with a ring that he said was Frigga's, his late mother. Of course I said yes.

And the day of our wedding was beautiful. I wanted a simple wedding in a small church, but Loki insisted on getting married atop of Stark Tower. Loki looked ravishing in his armor and I wore a baby pink gown and a flowery veil. Even Amos was in his little faux suit onesie. All of the Avengers and S.H.I.E.L.D. agents were there. As well as the Asgardians and Odin who had agreed to properly wed us.

During the after party as Loki and I danced in each other's arms, he whispered something into my ear. "I love you my sweet princess of Asgard."

"I love you too." I replied, placing my lips on his which were as soft and sweet as always. Our kiss was broken when we suddenly heard a woman scream loudly from the crowd. We quickly ran towards the area where it came from.

It was Pepper, who was pinned by the sleeve onto the wall by a sharp icicle. "It was Amos." She said.

"Are you hurt?" I asked Pepper who just shook her head back at me.

Loki and I looked at Amos who was playing with a sharp icicle in his crib.

"Well, you've got to admit, he is really cute." Loki said. "Our little frost giant."

Loki cradled Amos in his arms as the three of us went back and danced. Imagine if I died that day, imagine if I chose Steve over Loki, imagine if I hadn't forgiven Loki for the death of my parents, imagine if I hadn't found Loki at the park that day. Even Loki's fate as a baby was to die, just as my fate a few days ago.

But you can always change your future to make it better. Just as the novelist Anaïs Nin said, "What we call our destiny is truly our character and that character can be altered. The knowledge that we are responsible for our actions and attitudes does not need to be discouraging, because it also means that we are free to change this destiny. One is not in bondage to the past, which has shaped our feelings, to race, inheritance, background. All this can be altered if we have the courage to examine how it formed us. We can alter the chemistry provided we have the courage to dissect the elements."