Deserving of Revenge

LOKI POV

When Sydney had gone, I set myself down on the couch, pondering on the events that unfolded. I was still attracted to her, even if I had attempted to keep my distance. I just couldn't resist seeing her, yet acting that we couldn't see each other. And even after we felt each other's touch once again, she still hasn't reciprocated my love. She still retreated to Mister Star-Spangled Banner. What did he possess that I didn't? I am obviously more attractive than him. I'm seductive. I'm clever and I know how to have a good time. What more could you ask? Is it the hair? Maybe I should get it cut.

I went to Agent Romanoff and Agent Barton's quarters. "What are you doing here Loki?" Agent Romanoff asked.

"Take me to the hairdressers, I wish to get my hair trimmed." I told them.

"Why do you wish to do so, brother?" Thor asked, who just got back from the kitchen and was now eating shawarma.

"Oh, you're here." I told him.

"He just arrived from Asgard a few minutes ago." Agent Barton said.

I turned to Thor. "I wish to look more like a Midgardian."

"Never in my life have I thought you would ever say something like that." Thor told me.

Sydney did not return home that night. So the next morning, I went over to Steve's apartment to look for her. After a few knocks, the door flew open to reveal Sydney with only linen draped over her to mask her bare body.

SYDNEY POV

As I opened the door, I saw a clean cut Loki, looking bewildered. "Why? What's wrong?" I asked him. I looked down and saw that I was only wearing a blanket. "Oh Gosh, I'm so sorry." I said, adjusting the blanket even though I was pretty sure my lady parts were fully covered.

"I just came by to look for you." Loki told me. "You didn't come home last night, and I was waiting for you."

"Sorry I made you wait up for me." I replied. "I'll be there in a few minutes, okay?"

He nodded back.

"Nice haircut." I called out to him before closing the door.

After getting dressed, I sat back down beside Steve who was still sleeping. "Good morning." I whispered into his ear.

"Good morning." He replied, waking up then hugging me tight.

"I'm gonna go back to my apartment in a few minutes." I told him.

"Okay." He replied, placing little kisses on my cheek.

I went back to my apartment, Loki was slaving over the stove. I watched him, finding it quite amusing. "Oh, codswallop!" He exclaimed.

"You okay?" I called out to him.

"This is absurd, back in Asgard, I had servants to do this for me." Loki said.

"Sit down, I'll make us breakfast." I told him.

"I'm not hungry anymore." Loki replied and went back into his bedroom. Had I pissed him off?

LOKI POV

Later on that day I decided to go to this place in New York where they sold ground beans in a liquid form, I presume it's called coffee. I found one with the sign with a mermaid on it, had Lorelei been here? I saw no constellations when I entered the shop, how could it be called Starbucks if there were no stars? Foolish humans.

As I walked towards a servant who was preparing the beverages, I recognized a familiar face. It was Sydney.

"Good afternoon sir, what would you like to order?" She asked.

"And you said you weren't a servant." I told her.

"Loki, why are you here?" She said.

"I wanted to get coffee." I replied. "I hope this isn't another disappointment you make."

She just shook her head, took my order, and made me sit on one of the couches. She sat down beside me as she brought my drink. "Now tell me why you're really here." She told me.

"I wanted to clear my thoughts." I explained. "But that's pretty difficult if you're here."

"What's so wrong about me being here?" She asked.

"Because you're the person I'm trying to clear out of my thoughts." I replied. "When I saw you this morning, I made the correlation that you and Steve had made love."

"And the problem with that is?" She added.

"Because I wanted to be the one to deflower you." I told her.

She chuckled. "How are you sure that I'm still a virgin? I could've screwed around."

"I can sense it. The way you flinch every time I try to induce intercourse, the way you avoid intimate situations." I explained. "But I always knew you wanted it. You wanted to feel the sensation, slowly, intimately. All you had to do was ask."

She suddenly got up and slapped me across my face.

"SYDNEY!" Another servant, possibly with higher authority called out to her. "WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?"

"This coffee tastes disgusting." I told her. "I'm leaving."

That night, when Sydney came home, she confined herself to her bedroom. I could hear her sobbing. I almost felt sorry for her. But that was the feeling she gave me when she rejected my affections.

I had my revenge, but did she deserve it?

SYDNEY POV

I can't believe I lost my job because of Loki. Was he really worth risking all of this? Damn it, I don't know what to do. I called Steve over and he was kind enough to comfort me over a box of pizza and some old movies. It was nice and quiet because Loki had gone out to who knows where.

"Steve." I said. "I have a problem."

"What is it?" He asked. "We might be able to fix it."

"I got fired from my job earlier." I told him.

"Why? What happened?" He added, pulling me closer to him.

"Nothing, I don't want to talk about it." I replied.

"Well, why don't you ask Tony for help?" Steve suggested. "I don't think you even need a job considering that you're a Stark."

"I don't want to burden anybody." I told him. "Even just telling you is hard for me."

"You can approach me about anything, babe." He said.

"Can I be honest with you?" I queried. I was finally gonna confront him with how I felt. He just nodded back.

"I have feelings for Loki."