He Was Her Safe Haven

SYDNEY POV

The next morning, I woke up with Loki's arms around my waist. I shut my eyes when I noticed that he was watching me sleep. "Dimwit, I saw you open your eyes." Loki said. "You seriously think I'm gonna believe that you're sleeping." I kept my eyes closed because I just couldn't bear to see him look at me like that. I think I would've melted. "What do I have to do to flash those stunning green eyes at me? You know green is my favourite colour." He ran his hand along my stomach up to the valley of my chest.

I pushed him away. "What do you think you're doing?" Then I exited the room. I ran into Cap's apartment and flung my arms around him, crying. He put down the spatula he was using to cook his breakfast. "What happened?" He asked.

"Nothing." I replied.

"Did Loki hurt you?" Steve added.

I looked up at him. "No, he had nothing to do with it. Please don't hurt him."

"I won't." He replied. Then suddenly, he pressed his lips against mine. I couldn't resist kissing back.

He was my first.

LOKI POV

Why did she run away from me? Have I done something wrong? I merely wanted to feel her heartbeat. Nothing more.

I ran after her into Steve's quarters. As I flung open the door, I saw them in each other's arms sharing a passionate kiss. How could she do that to me? They didn't even notice me because they were so deep into each other's lips.

I went back to my bedroom. Damn it. I wanted her so much. I would've given her everything.

Was my love not enough for her?

SYDNEY POV

Steve and I sat down on his couch. "Now, tell me what happened. I promise nobody's gonna get hurt."

"Loki felt me up." I told him.

He chuckled. "That's it? Guys have a tendency to do that with girls with big--" He cupped his hands in front of his chest.

"But nobody's done that to me before." I replied.

"Don't worry. I'm gonna make sure nobody's ever going to do that to you again. Unless it's me." He said, pulling me closer.

I smiled back at him as I caressed his cheek. I pecked his lips softly.

"I feel safe in your arms."

After chilling in Steve's apartment, I walked back to me and Loki's place. I wanted to apologize for running off so unexpectedly. I knocked at his door. "Loki, can I come in?" There was nothing but silence. "Loki, I just wanted to apologize for running off like that. I just felt uneasy with you touching me like that." I explained, leaning on the door.

The door suddenly opened, almost making me collide with Loki's chest. "Apology not accepted. Now go away." Then he slammed the door in my face.

I didn't see Loki a lot the next few days. Just the casual passes in the hallway and at dinner, wherein there was absolute deafening silence. One instance, I was about to go on a date with Steve, I was looking for my phone. I couldn't find it anywhere, so I thought Loki had hidden it. I knocked at his door. "Loki, do you know where my phone is?"

He opened his door. "Clean up my quarters and I will give it to you." Then he went to sit on the couch.

I entered his room and it was like a pigsty. His clothes were on the ground, was that blood on the sheets? And the mirror beside his wardrobe was smashed.

I started cleaning up. After a few minutes, Loki entered the room. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have let you clean this on your own." He told me, helping me pick up the broken shards of the mirror. "Here's your phone." He said, handing it to me. "I'll finish up here."

"No, it's fine. Let's clean up together. Steve's still at the gym anyways." I told him.

I was about to pick up the last piece of mirror, but then our hands touched. I felt myself blush. He chuckled. "I better go, Steve might be there already." I said, kissed him on the cheek, then left.

When I got to Steve's apartment, I found him setting up the dining table. "Hey honey, I thought you'd never get here." He said as he placed a kiss on my cheek.

"Hi." I replied. "I thought we were going out."

"Yeah, but I thought a home cooked meal would be more romantic." He explained, being a gentleman and assisting me with my chair. I just smiled back at him.

We started eating and I think he noticed my lack of ease, because he stopped eating and said, "Is something bothering you?"

"No, I'm fine." I answered.

"I know you Sydney, and something is definitely bothering you." Steve told me. "Is he still ignoring you?"

"Actually, no. We cleaned up his room earlier, so there was a bit of small talk." I said.

"That's good." He added. "It's hard to live under one roof if you're not on good terms. You should've just moved in with me."

"You know I can't leave him Steve." I explained. "He knows very little about the world around him."

After dinner, we cuddled up on the couch. I was playing with the little strings on the garter of his sweatpants. I felt him place his hands on my waist. "WHY ARE YOU SO--" He lifted me up so easily and placed me on top of him as he lay himself down on the couch, hugging me by the waist. "--ADORABLE?!"

I smiled back at him, tracing his lips with my fingers. "I love you."

"I love you too." He replied, then kissed me, sweetly and softly.

"I think I might spend the night here."