Beautiful & Broken

SYDNEY POV

Loki fell asleep on my lap after he ate. I ran my fingers through his ebony locks. He looked uneasy, he tossed and turned. He almost kicked the side table, so I cupped his face with my hands and shook him awake. "Loki, it was just a dream." I told him.

I could see tears in his eyes. I could feel he was broken inside. He wrapped his arms around me. "To wake up to the sight of you is enough compensation for a nightmare." He whispered into my ear.

I kissed his cheek. "How could you be the bad guy?"

"You think I'm a bad guy?" Loki asked.

"Well, you did kill a lot of people." I said. "Including my parents. Well, technically one of the Chitauri did, so you weren't the one who killed them. Which is why I live here now."

"Oh, I apologize." Loki replied.

"Don't be sorry. I've gotten over it." I told him.

"So that is why Steve is so overly protective of you over me." He said. I just nodded back. "Now I don't feel too fond of toying with you."

"No, it's okay." I replied. "I like it."

We were about to kiss. Our lips were literally centimeters apart, but then Tony barged in. "Sydney, stop making out with our prisoners."

"We weren't making out." I exclaimed.

"Whatever you say." Tony replied as he grabbed a beer from the fridge. "Are you okay staying here with him?"

"Yeah, we're perfectly fine." I told him.

"Okay just remember. Steve's condo is just across the hallway. Pepper and I are in the penthouse. Plus, the big guy, Birdbrain, and Romanoff are a floor down. No smoking in the building, no drugs, no magic" He turned to Loki who simply raised his hands in surrender. "And there are condoms in the bedside table. Good night." Then he left.

I turned to Loki who looked confused. "What's a condom?"

LOKI POV

As the night sky fell upon us, I secluded myself into my bedroom. Thoughts ran through my mind. My disliking for Midgard had lessened in the span of two days. All because of her. I could not say that she was perfection, but she was my definition of perfection. The bright lure of her eyes reeled me in with every glance. Her voice was assertive yet kind, it captured me like a siren's song. I cannot deny that I enjoy every bit of her. May it be in a perverted way or not.

I heard a knock on my door. "Come in." I called out.

It was Sydney. She sat down beside me. "Hey, I was just wondering if I could sleep beside you tonight. I'm still getting used to the whole sleeping alone idea."

"Yes, of course you could." I replied as I made space for her on the bed.

I put my arms around her with a warm--well, not so warm--embrace. She flinched slightly at the iciness of my skin. "Do you feel cold?" She nodded back. "Do you still wish to rest here?" Silence fell upon us. "Sydney?" I looked at her and she was already resting in my arms.