The Truth Will Reveal Itself in the End

Later on that day, Loki and I decided to go to the local mall to try and get me a job because he felt guilty about what he had caused to happen. After going through almost all of the stores in the mall, we decided to retire to the mall's cafeteria.

"I don't understand, how did my charm not work on them?" Loki asked as he munched on the fries we ordered from McDonalds.

"Well, one of the managers was obviously flirting with you." I told him. "But you didn't want me to work there because you said their store sells crap."

"They sold pillows shaped like feces. They literally sold crap." He explained, laughing.

I giggled. "Maybe I should just get a job that doesn't require me to leave home."

"Yeah, I think that would be best." Loki replied.

"Wait." I said. "You wanted me to stay home this whole time. That's why I never got any of the jobs."

He started blushing.

"I guess it's just right that I stay home, since no one's gonna be there to look after you." I explained.

"I do not need looking after, I am a grown man." He exclaimed with ketchup all over his lips.

I giggle as I wiped it off with a tissue. "Wanna go see a movie?"

We went to see the movie entitled 2012 in IMAX. The entire time Loki was trying to dodge the boulders that were flying at us. And when it came to the part where the ship was about to crash into the iceberg, Loki flung his arms over me, trying to protect me. "Duck, Sydney! We're going to die!!"

I heard a hundred shushes from the other people watching and we were escorted out of the theatre. After an eventful afternoon, we decided to go back home. "Good night Loki." I smiled as I opened the door to me and Steve's apartment.

Loki smiled for the first time in forever. "Good night, love."

The next day, I was woken up quite early by a knock on the door. Loki had come by to ask me if we could go out for a walk. "Loki it's so early. Can't we do it later on today?" I asked, yawning.

"I have other plans for the two of us later." Loki said. "Now come on, will I have to get you out of your sleepwear myself?"

"No! No, I can do it." I exclaimed, waking myself up."You can wait in the living room, I'm gonna change in the bedroom."

Loki brought me to Central Park for a quiet morning walk. "I remember this is where we first met." He told me as we passed under the bridge where I found Loki a few weeks ago.

"Yeah, I was pretty shocked when I saw you jump off of that bridge." I told him.

"I'm glad you were there to help me." Loki said.

"You didn't look too happy when you woke up though." I replied.

"Well, I was pretty mad that I had become mortal." Loki explained. "But I have grown to love it."

"Love what?" I asked.

"Having feelings, experiencing love, pain, joy." Loki answered. "I guess you Midgardians aren't too awful."

I smiled. "Thanks? I think."

After our little stroll in the park, Loki brought me to the Statue of Liberty. "Is she a goddess?" Loki asked.

"I don't think so." I replied.

"Well, she sure dressed like one." Loki added licking his ice cream. "This frozen dairy is quite delicious."

"It's called ice cream." I told him.

"Ice cream." He repeated. "Probably the least absurd name of a food you Midgardians eat."