1. Impact

You can build walls however you want to protect yourself, just make sure to have a strong foundation. If you unknowingly include yourself in a game where it includes tearing up and breaking barriers, make sure to not lose because in games, there's this player who'll not hesitate to give his all, who'll strategize and analyze your covers first and hit it until it breaks. So don't let yourself be broken down.

University. Sometime after lunch.

The bell rang signaling the finish of your last class for the day. There was nothing else much to do but go home and you didn't want to. You took out your phone from your bag and unlocked it. You went to the contacts keying the word 'Kageyama.'

Kageyama Tobio. A volleyball player, 3 years younger than you, that you've become devoted to when you first watched his match a year ago. You unexpectedly became his fan after that.

The feeling of wanting to watch that kid and support him unexpectedly sprung to you. There was no malice, just a friendly and positive acquaintance.

'Kageyama Tobio' appeared on the first line of the search list and you pressed it. You held the device against your ears and it rang a few seconds until he picked up.

"Tobio!"

"Nee-san... What made you call?...", Tobio asked in his usual stern voice. "Don't tell me you're gonna watch me play again?"

You pouted, though he won't be able to see it, "Don't ask if you already know the answer."

"Don't you have a date with your boyfriend or something...?"

Yes, you have a boyfriend. His name is Mori. He's a year higher than you. You've been with him for 3 years now. Your relationship has been quite strong, per se. The two of you were able to achieve a high level of trust and honesty as the relationship flourished.

You let out a sigh, "I don't. He has classes until the night."

Since Mori was a higher year and because of his major, he had classes until late at night that he can't accompany you a lot this semester.

"Oh, I see...", Tobio responded. "I guess it's you're lucky day, nee-san. We actually have a practice match today."

"Really?", you became delighted that the enthusiasm can be heard from the other side of the line. "Which school? Where are you guys going to play? What time is it?"

"Calm down, nee-san!", he grunted raising his voice and returning to his normal. "One question at a time."

"Okay..."

"..."

"Oi, what now? I asked you all the questions earlier and you're not giving me answers.", you complained at his silence. He must have been contemplating if it's a good idea that he should invite you to watch the match.

You waited for a few more seconds for him to reply until he finally gave in.

"Fine. Fine. You know Aoba Johsai?"

"Yes. Oh... That school is just close to my college.", you pointed out. "Is that where the match is going to be held?"

"Yes. The game starts after classes.", he began spilling the details. "If you really want to come, you should meet us by the front of Aoba Johsai before we go to the gym."