2. Purpose

Just because that's not how you do things, it doesn't mean that you can't do things that way. You don't but you can.

Interhigh. Aoba Johsai

Karasuno's match just finished and you didn't want to go home just yet. You passed by the court where Aoba Johsai was about to play a match. You were curious to see how they enhanced their plays by this time. Maybe you can watch them and even gather information for Karasuno's benefit.

The teams started their practice hits and throws. The members were called one by one. You were distracted once more as you watch the narcissistic brunette, Oikawa toss everyone the ball one at a time. When it was his turn to hit the ball, he sneaked a glance at you. He appeared to know that you were there, watching their game because he was able to pinpoint your exact location with his glance.

Iwaizumi tossed to him and he slammed the ball down to the other side of the court.

When the roll call for both teams was done, the game was signaled to start.

The game was going well for Aoba Johsai. They are definitely living up to their title as one of the powerhouse schools in volleyball. The team unquestionably improved and with Oikawa as their setter, their plays instantly comes to a whole new level. He was great at bringing out the best of everyone in his team. His talent is definitely something to be recognized and acknowledged just like Tobio mentioned.

As the last set neared to an end, Oikawa managed to make his serves flawlessly during the match and now they are at a match point. The brunette turned to look at your direction and threw the ball upfront. He ran towards it and was obviously going for another one of his unfaltering jump serves. He leaped and smashed the ball. By that final release, he had his eyes pierced on you as his feet landed back on the ground. You can see how focused he was at you. You didn't understand. You knitted your eyebrows at him and he returned you a grin as a reaction to what you just did. It felt like there was a scheme and there was.

It was the ball.

The ball finally appeared in your sight. You knew this time that it's going towards your direction but you were flustered by Oikawa staring you down, observing you as if you were an experiment.

'What am I supposed to do? Why are you...-'

Unable to react, the loud and harsh blow comes hitting your forehead knocking you down to the ground unconscious right away.

"Shittykawa!", Iwaizumi gave Oikawa a glare. He knew as soon that Oikawa might have done this on purpose.

"Gomen! Gomen!", Oikawa scorned and put up a fretful facade afterwards. "Can I go help that girl first?"

Iwaizumi peeped at the poor unconscious girl first and saw that the people near you at the gym helping you up by now.

Iwaizumi can't do anything but 'tch'ed at the awful person. "Finish the game first, Crappykawa! Whatever it is you're planning to do!"

"Okay, Iwa-chan.", Oikawa nodded returning his focus on the game.

The people who carried you made sure to bring you to the infirmary and the game continued on.

Iwaizumi didn't understand why Oikawa had to be like this at times. How did he even put up with this kind of person for years? Is he getting worse now?

"I didn't know you'd actually hurt a girl like that, Trashykawa. You really like to prove that you are a trash, don't you?", Iwaizumi commented as they got back on their places in the court getting ready for the other team's serve.