8. Defense

When you're pushed off into a corner, you'll find yourself needing to make a huge decision to counter it. Whatever it is, you'll feel desperate to save yourself and get away from it.

______________________________________________________________________________

"Ohayo, ___-chan! My lovely seatmate!", it was Oikawa's greeting to you every Monday, Wednesday and Friday morning's that you had your class with him.

When you hear of those words, your day immediately turns gloomy. You loved mornings but this time around, you'll be hating on it for the whole semester for sure. Why did fate put a play on you like this?

"___-chan, so how's my kohai doing?"

"I don't know, I haven't been in touch with him lately."

He will keep on asking about his junior to you if not, he'll talk about his looks, being the narcissist prick he was.

"___-chan, don't I look great today?"

"Uh..."

You respond to the male brunette whenever he has decent questions and it was also to be considerate of him just like how you were with others. If you'd act differently in front of the brunette, others will notice it. So it's better to make it look like everything's the same.

"___-chan."

"___-chan."

"___-chan, why are you ignoring me?"

He bugged you a lot, calling out your name and most of the time, if you paid attention to him, he'll just tease you of nonsense things. Even if you started ignoring him, he kept on calling you and it echoed to your ears too much. You felt more and more stressed as if all you can hear was him calling you that amidst all the other noise, or rather if it was so silent.

"Stop calling me that!", you mumbled in the center of a quiet class discussion. Everyone's eyes turned to you as you interrupted the professor's lecture. You faced Oikawa, shocked by what you did too. He didn't even called you out this time.

"Be quiet, Ms. ___.", the professor scolded.

"Oh, sorry.", you faced down, embarrassed of what just happened. You were thinking of how much you're annoyed by Oikawa too much that you imagined him calling you.

He examined your troubled expression and grimaced at your anguish. 'Yes, burst out. Are you losing your cool now, ___-chan?'

"What are you grinning at, Shittykawa?", Iwaizumi tapped threateningly on Oikawa's back.

"Iwa-chan, you shouldn't be noisy in class.", Oikawa gestured his friend to be quiet.

"___-chan."

'He's not calling you, you're just imagining this.', you planted that on your mind this time. You wouldn't want to be the center of attention in that way again.

"­­­___-chan."

You kept on shrugging the voice in your head off but it was getting clearer and louder the more it repeats.