Chapter Six

Makai

I woke up with Sheila in my arms. I laid her down gently and stretched and went to take a shower. I tied my dreads up and turned on the water. How the hell am I going to get through today. All night all I could think of was Lela. I could still hear her moan and feel her breath. Her lips were so soft.

I slapped myself and got in the shower. When I get out I'll be pure.

I went to the kitchen and fixed some breakfast. Sheila's phone was on the counter and I unlocked it and read her texts. She was telling Kris that she loves me but we don't spend enough time together.

I took a deep breath and ran a hand through my dreads. I gotta take her out tonight.

I walked to my closet and picked out a nice dress shirt and some dress pants. I sprayed on my cologne and put on my Rolex.

When I got to my office I walked in and saw Lela standing at my window. She had on this tight blue dress and some heels. I licked my lips and tried to calm down.

"Shouldn't you find some work to do?" I asked jokingly.

"I am so sorry."She turned around saying stunned.

She looked at me in confusion.

"Oh hey Red....what you doing here?" She asked

I smirked and sat at my desk. Damn it's too early to feel guilty. Oh well.

"To have graduated from college you're slow. My name is Makai and I need you to sort my shit and give me my schedule. " I said

She took it in and looked at me horrified with a little bit of guilt and humiliation. Oh that hit my heart so heavy.

"I'm not clocked in right?" She asked

I shook my head and was praying she didn't snap.

"So ..... So you fucked me in the club?" She asked

I nodded my head.

"And now I'm your assistant ?" She asked

I nodded my head.

I saw her suck in her cheek and nod her head. She looked defeated. I don't know how to explain it but she looked hurt.

"Well then goodmorning Ms. Smith I'll get straight to work. "She said and walked out my office.

I put my hands on my head and thought about how I was gonna fix this mess.

I looked outside the window and she seemed unfazed so I decided to do sum work too.

I was typing up a contract on my laptop on the ledge of my window when she walked into my office and sat down in the chair in front of my desk.

"What do you need?" I said never looking at her. If I look then the thoughts will come back.

She started talking but all I heard was her saying whoever did my shit before ain't do it right and that she would make my life easier.

I laughed and shrugged my shoulders.

"This is your job and it's to make my life easier. You have to answer the phones, read my emails, make my schedule, take notes and handle my business really. So it's your choice just tell me what you want." I said looking up at her.

""Well I'm gonna need your phone at the end of every day to add things to your calender and on average how long does it take you to get ready for things?" She said

"Ok boss lady and maybe an hour before everything." I said

"I'll set your alarms an hour and a half early." She said