Chapter 2: Off with the gem

Raven's POV:
' So what are you doing?' I asked Damian through thought.
    ' Nothing, I'm just board. Gotham has had no crime lately. Jump has been pretty quiet, and the league have been handling all the fun stuff.' I heard his voice echo inside my head.
' So you're pretty much annoyed that no one's getting caught up in drugs, murder, kidnapping, and other such junk?' I thought smirking.
' Finally someone gets it!' he thought sarcastically.
' Hey do you know what time it is?' I asked, changing the subject.
' Um yeah 5:15... pm, why?' he asked puzzled.
' Come out of your room, but change out of your suit first.  We'll have dinner , train, and then hopefully we will have a mission by the end.' I thought as I slipped on my slippers.
' Okay!' he thought and then my mind was filled with silence.
I finished with my slippers and walked to the bathroom and up to the mirror. I looked up and saw the afro that was my hair. I started to panic. 'I can't let Damian see me like this!' I thought. ' Wait why do i care? It's not like I... wait... no... I couldn't. I couldn't actually like him; could I?' I pushed the thought out of my mind and finished with my hair and changed remained in the pajamas i had been wearing all day.
I walked out and saw Damian in a pair of black sports shorts and a red shirt. that's when i realized that i was wearing some extremely inappropriate  black and yellow shorts with a purple tank top. I looked up at him and i felt my cheeks get hot. He was a fine looking kid, not to mention skilled. At that moment i admitted to myself that I liked Damian Wayne. Maybe i even more than liked him, but I don't know if that would work. I think he is actually younger than me, I mean i think Dick told me about him being ten or something.
" WHat was that? " He asked with a smirk on his face as we walked to the kitchen.
" Hmm, oh nothing just thinking to myself." I said lying through my teeth.                                                                                        
There was a long pause. An extremely awkward time of silence           " So," He said finally , breaking the ice that stood between us.  "why do you think we can communicate telepathically?"
" You know what i really don't know." I answered before stopping to think. " Maybe it happened when I healed you after your fight with Jamie when you first came."
" Oh yeah. By the way I would like to apologize for my despicable behavior in the past days. I just want you to know that i now see a team as a advantage and not a liability and that I consider you all to be my... friends." He said with sincere words. " Especially... you Raven Ron." He continued, quickly murmuring under his breath.
" I heard that you know." I said smiling.
He just looked at me and blushed. His emerald green eyes were mesmerizing. They reminded me of the crystal caves that used to dwell beneath Azarath.
We made it to the kitchen and served our selves food and started to eat. We talked and laughed, me more than him, and had an overall good time. By the time we finished it was six o'clock, so we got up and went to the training room. We were just about ready to spar when Kori, Garfield, Jamie and Cy come in through a boom tube.
" Where have you guys been all day." Damian asked crossing his arms.
" We went out with Dick to see a movie about Some super heros that go to battle against each other over a guy they call the winter soldier." she replied.
" Sounds interesting." I said sarcastically.
" Sorry Rae we would have invited you, but you were in your room and we thought you were sleeping. And since you weren't going we didn't even try Damian." Garfield said with sad eyes.
" It's fine. We entertained ourselves." Damian said looking over and smirking at me as i started to blush.
" Well it's about to get better because we are going to have some ''mandatory'' fun again. Let's get ready we will be heading to the carnival in ten minutes so get done."
We all rushed to our quarters. I closed the door of my room and ran to my closet. I looked through my clothes and found the perfect outfit. It was a black skirt, dark purple spaghetti strap tank top, black, sleeveless denim jacket, Dark purple, open fingered gloves, and combat boots.