Chapter 8; Cotton Candy, fireworks

Chapter 8; Cotton Candy, Fireworks

Raven

    I woke up panting, sweat coating my body. 'Just a dream.' I sighed in relief. 'No... not a dream, a vision.' I thought to myself. 'Note to self, stay close to Damian at  the park.'
    "Why would you need to stay close? Not that I'm complaining or anything, but..." said a voice from behind me. I looked over to see Damian looking at me, a smirk across his face.
    "Nothing just a vision. Oh and you and I are staying near each other at the park, got it?" I orders playfully.
    "So in other words staying by each other the entire day?" He asked.
    "Yes." I replied trying to get up, but a strong arm wrapped itself around my waist pulling me down onto the mattress.
     "Why don't we start now?" He said with a smirk, leaning over towards my lips.
    "Alright, but just for a few minutes. I want to watch the sun come up from the roof, like we used to at the tower." I replied allowing him to kiss me.
After about five minutes I pulled away. " Come on get up. Let's go to the roof." I say breaking away from his grasp. I went to the bathroom and got myself done. I walk out ready to head to the roof, only to see Damian still lying in bed.
"Get up, I swear you're slower than molasses." I tease him giggling, while hitting him with a pillow.
"I thought the whole point of vacation was relaxing." He said laughing, taking the pillow from my hands and throwing it across the room.
"Fine you leave me no choice." i say as he looks at me confused. "ydaer naimad teg!" i chanted as damian was engulfed in smoke and was ready in an instant. "Great, now that you're ready we can go." I said before grabbing him and pulling him up to the roof.
We made it up to the roof just in time to see the sun reveal itself from behind the horizon. We sit down side by side, our fingers intertwined. I laid my head on his shoulder allowing him to put his arm around my shoulder. We looked in silence for a while before being interrupted by the sound of laughter coming from the stairwell. I looked behind me to see Terra and Garfield come from the door.
"Hey, morning Raven. Morning Damian." Gar said with a hand on Terra's waist.
"Yeah, morning love birds." Terra said smirking at us.
"The same could be said for you." I said winking at Terra, she playfully stuck her tongue out at me.
"Hey we figured you guys would be up here cause we wanted to ask you if you wanted to go to the park early with us?" Gar asked with excitement on his face.
"What do you think beloved?"Damian asked me.
"Wow outloud and everything." Terra mumbled, but i gave her a shut your mouth kind of look.
"Sure sound fun." i replied.
From then on the day was filled with games, roller coasters, laughing, and pictures, a lot of pictures.
Around noon was when the rest of the team came to Busch Gardens. I saw Ires glare at a roller coaster, and i knew what was going to happen next. So i walked over to Damian and tugged at his arm.
"Damian can we go to the water park with Terra, Gar, Kori, and Dick?" I asked with the intent of getting him away from Ires.
"Sure beloved, but first let's go get something to eat I'm starving." He said his eyes darting to the concession stands.
"Alright then." I reply as we walk away from Ires and Jay and follow the others to the food court.
I let Damian find us a seat, while I got food. I saw a cotton candy stand, giggled and got some. I walked back over to Damian.
"Here have some." I said with a smirk.
He smiled and took some, "Still tastes like pure sugar."
"You were still stuck in the mountains for a while." He turned his head and smiled, "Still not criticizing just joking." I continued laughing.
"If you knew me you would know your the only one who can make me laugh." He replied.
"Our love have gotten a little funnier, but I'll tell you something you already know." I said looking into his eyes.
He turned to me interested, "I love you Damian Wayne." I said pecking him on the check.
"Now come on we gotta head to the water park." I commented, standing up and extending my hand.
"Alright let's go, cause we still need to get into our swim wear." He said grabbing my hand and walking toward the water park.
After a few hours we found ourselves in the wave pool. Terra and Gar wanted to do chicken fights, so of course we were chosen to go against them. As I was on Damian's shoulders, being his polite self, he put his hands on my knees. As we started fighting with Gar and Terra, the advantages of having a higher grip on your partner was quite evident.
As we were losing ground Damian gave me a look that was asking 'Can I get a higher grip?'. I nodded and his hand slid up my leg placing it on my thigh. That's when we made a quick slide forward, and took them off guard knocking Terra off Garfield.
"Guys get together, I wanna get a picture." Kori screamed from outside the pool.
We lined up with our special person. I jumped on Damian back, wrapping my arms around his neck. Kori snapped the picture and gave us a thumbs up. I took this as an opportunity to mess around with him, so I moved from his back to his front. I wrapped my hands around his neck, legs around his waist, and faced him. I guess he had the same idea because as soon as I shifted my body he dunked me under water, kissing me on the way down.
'Wow aren't I a lucky girl.' I thought underwater, smiling against his lips.
'You better believe it beloved.' He thought smiling.
We came up for air and we were met by the sky turning mystical colors.
"Ah, young love. Remember us at that age Dick?" Kori said looking at Damian and I.
"Yep as though it was yesterday. Kori we better head to the ferries wheel, I think the shows gonna start soon." Dick said as Kori nodded.
"What are you going on about Grayson?" Damian asked annoyed. As he said this as he proceeded to pull off his swim shirt, to reveal his perfectly toned and scarred stomach. It took everything I had not to reach out and run my hands along the scars, to feel the pain that came with each and every one.
"We are talking about the Fireworks show they put on at the end of each park day. We wanna get seats on the Ferris Wheel, so we  can watch the show." Dick said laughing, handing Kori her bag, and walking towards the Ferris wheel.
I pulled on my cover up only to yelp. As it sat there hanging of my body I realized that it was soaking wet. Damian looked at me with a confused look, but then he too realized what the fuss was about. He pulled off his typical red hoodie and replaced with a black one. I pulled my regular clothes over my swim wear but my teeth were still chattering. I was freezing. As I rubbed my arms I was hit with something soft. I turned around to see Damian extending his hand toward me, and in his hand was his red hoodie.
"Here icebox put it on." He said laughing.
I rolled my eyes, took it, and put the hoodie on. I then proceeded to jump on his back as we walked toward the Ferris Wheel.
When we got there the line was completely gone. Everyone must have gone to one of the great lawns to watch the fireworks. Damian and I were put in a gondola with Terre and Garfield.
"Hey Rae doesn't this remind you of the fair we went to when Damian first came?" He said looking at me, his arm around Terra.
"I guess. I mean Damian not a pain in the ass like before." I said as I shot a look at Damian. He grabbed my arm and pulled me towards his face.
He brought his lips ever so close to my ear. They brushed up against my ear every now and then. "You're so going to pay for that comment later." He whispered seductively.
I blushed and smiled, "I'm sure I will."
"Isn't the fair where you two got close or something?" Terra asked looking at us.
We both turned a light shade of pink. "Kori tell you that?" Damian asked.
"Yeah said you guys were on the Ferris wheel and you wouldn't look at each other, but when you each decided to take a glance, you saw each other as turned away." Terra replied quickly.
It was true, it was all true. That was where I first felt something for him.
I was about to say something when a loud crap was heard throughout the sky. The Fireworks had begun. Damian gripped my hand. How much better could the day have ended, Fireworks with my favorite person in the whole universe.

Hey guys just had to tag my friend youngtitanghost for the 🎡 Ferris wheel, firework idea. Keep reading, voting, and commenting.
-Bella