Chapter 4: Crash Corse

|\/|\/|\/|¥¥¥¥¥{}¥¥¥¥¥|\/|\/|\/|

Raven's POV
I walk over and pet Ansel. "Hey. How's my sweet little devil?" I say and after I said that Damian looks at me and smirks.
"How can the devil be sweet?" He asks joking with me.
" I don't know, but he is our sweet devil."
"Yeah well he wasn't so sweet the first year. He chewed up all my capes and the tapes on my sword handles." He said giving Ansel a death stare.
I put my fingertips to his cheek and turned his glare away from the poor dog. As his eyes fell upon mine they softened. I felt his heart get infinitely lighter when I touched him.
"What are you doing to me?" He said under his breath, just loud enough so I could hear.
I gigged continuing On what I was initially trying to do.
"Hey he was a puppy and just remember you weren't the nicest either." I say smiling. Looking down at his lips. ' Those feelings from that day are starting to flood back into my body.'
"Heard that." he said jokingly knocking me out if my thought. "And I guess they are aren't they?"
" Yeah. I guess they are." I said, as we both giggled.
"Hey, that dog may have been a pain through the years, but that dog marks the best day of my life." He says as he places his hands on my hips, pulling me closer to him.
" And why was it the best day of your life?" I say smiling looking down at his lips.
"It was the day I, almost, had the courage to do this." He says leaning in closing the gap between us.

FLASHBACK

"Titus." I said, handing the puppy over to Damian.
He looked down at his feet "why?" He mumbled.
"Why what I replied puzzled.
" Why would you do such a thing for me?"
"Cause you needed a little joy in your life. And seeing how I couldn't help, with us becoming close and all, I got you Titus here."
" Is that what you really think?"
" Yeah you have been acting really upset and confused lately. At first I thought it was about he whole Deathstroke thing or maybe even Terra's death, but when you started avoiding me, and spending all your time alone, I knew it was something I had done." I said my eyes beginning to water.
"No Raven that's not it at all. After seeing Garfield in such a state about Terra, I thought about how the death of the people closest to me would affect me." He said taking his two fingers and tilting my head up to face him.(Wait when did he get taller?) " I went through almost every body the titans, Dick, Alfred, Jason, Tim, Barbra, Stephonie, even my father. But when I got to you, that; that's what hurt the most. The thought of losing you was unbearable. That's when I realized how much I actually cared for you."
I finally lifted my eyes to meet his gaze. The emeralds I was staring into was like and endless sea of green. I was so lost in that sea I didn't even notice us leaning closer to each other. But that was when Garfield came onto the roof and dragged me back into the tower.

END FLASHBACK

His lips were soft against mine as my mind drifted to a different place. We started moving in sink. It started off as a soft, gentle kiss, but turned into a heated and passionate make out. My hands moved to the hem of his shirt and played with it. He did the same, but just when he was about to slid his hand under; Garfield came in and told us to come and get in the cars.
" To be continued." He said, with his smile against my lips.
He pecked my lips once more and walked out. I just stood there in shock I wanted more from him, but the sudden shock had paralyzed me.

Damian

I walked out of the room. Man, I had been waiting to do that for four years. I finally had the courage to do it. I stopped outside the door and leaned against the wall. I just had to take a breath, because no matter how cheesy it sounds; she took my breath away. I stood again and walked to the elevator and pressed the button to go down.
The doors were about to close when a pale- skinned hand put itself between them. The doors opened and Raven stepped in.
" Why did you just, you know?" She asked as her cheeks went crimson.
I'm pretty sure mine went the same color, but I answered anyway." I really don't know."
"That's not an answer Dami-"
" Raven I kissed you because I like you. In truth I've been wanting to do that for four years. We're sixteen now and I know there is some sort of connection between us. I don't know if it's spiritual or emotional or physical or maybe it's the fact that we are both super heros. All I know is that I care about you and if anything happened-"
I was cut short by the feeling of her lips on mine.
" You finished that sentence four years ago." She said against my lips.
She kissed me again. Her hands moved around my neck and in my hair. I took that as an invitation to put my arms around her waist. We moved together and it was great. Her tongue brushed against my lips asking for permission. I gladly obliged letting her explore while I did the same. Little did we know, the elevator doors had closed and we were heading down. We were pulled apart by the clearing of a throat.
We immediately pulled away from each other as the entire team stood staring at us bags in hand.
" Well it looks like you two had a nice trip down." Dick said as we both blushed.
"Alright everyone hop into my car and we will head to the airport." Kori said resuming conversation.
"Isn't that like a four hour car ride?" Garfield asked in a ' I'm complaining' the voice.
" Yes so that means we better get into the car and drive. Also Kori I would like to complement your new car it's bigger and can now fit all of us and our luggage. A highly logical, yet fine choice." Opening the door and sliding the seat forward. I then offered my beloved a hand to help her in she took is and sat in the seat.
I then sat next to her and watched as everyone else piled into the new car. Kori started driving and the rocking of the car was enough to know a full grown man out. Raven then put he head on my shoulder and slid my arm around hers.

TIME SKIP

It had been three hours already and after all that time of me and Raven listening to Kori's, interesting, choice in music, Garfield's complaining, Jamie's snoring, and Dicks horrible flirting we had finally been able to find peace. Raven was softly singing a song called " Hey Brother". That alone was enough to make me drowsy along with the subtle rock of the car and soft seats, I was on the edge of sleep. I had turned my head to realize a black van trying extra hard to keep pace with us. I was inching further and further away.
" Kori. Something odd is happening with this car to your left."
Just as she turned her head the black van slammed into our car. Everything became slow. The glass was slowly bursting inwards toward the left side of the car. As I saw tiny pieces of glass cross my face I immediately covered Raven. All things in the car began to fly us. Signaling that we were flipping. I took the last few moments to look over at Raven and scream ' I love you Raven'. Then darkness.