Chapter 2: Setup

Sunday

Diana's pov

Once I left home, I'd soon began walking to the bus stop to wait for Morris to pick me up. I have a rehearsal and a shoot, from which he suggested.

"Hey, Diana what's up?!".

Oh lord, why now?...

I begin speed walking to get away.

"Diana?!" Denise catches up.

Denise is a thirteen year old hooligan, that stalks me for information. She idolizes to me as if I'm a Goddess. It's really getting out of hand though. She follows me every chance she gets. I don't even know how her mother let's this child slip through her fingers like this...

"Denise, I can't speak right now. I have..'business' to attend to."

I cringe at my false statement, and try to leave quickly as possible.

"Well, can I come with you?"

"No."

"Why not?" She crosses her arms.

"You're not old enough."

She tries to persuade me. "I can fake my age. You're nineteen and you always say that you're twenty five." She pesters.

I stop and glare at her. "Shouldn't you be in school right now?"

"It's Sunday."

Will you just go away!

I sigh agitatedly. "Denise...Maybe one day, when you're older, I'll consider taking you to First Avenue, but right now I can't swing it. Ok?"

"Okay..." she says with her head hanging low.

"Now, please go home, before your mother calls the cops."

"Okay.." she walks back around the block with a saddened expression.

Alone at last.

I stood beside the bus sign for about fifteen minutes, smoking cigarettes until finally a jet black limo pulls up.

The driver rolls the back window down. "Hey baby, what you doin out here on your own?" Morris joked.

I scoff and smile as he lets me in to the backseat.

First Avenue

Michael's

"Take five!"

I woke up pretty upset, after what happened last night. The hardest thing right now, is trying not to tell at anyone. She just made me so irritated. I simply wanted to get her home safely. My mistake, huh? Maybe I should've left her alone. She can fend for herself...

I bring my glass to my lips, expecting water to pour into my mouth and sooth my nerves.

Empty...

*grumble* I need to cool down...

I start for the bar. "What I get ya?" Asks the waitress/bartender.

I explained to her that I was in disguise last night, as not to attract too much attention from the crowd. And she told the owner, he asked if I could do a show tonight, for a little publicity. I kindly agreed.