Chapter 14: Over and Done/ The Dragon and The Princess

Diana

"Through?" I huffed.

"Yeah. You've already put me through hell. And that was only just a short period of time. Now I'd like to leave this toxic relationship with the little sanity that I have left."

I pinched the bridge of my nose in aggravation, the returning my gaze back to him. "So, basically. You're breaking up with me because you don't want your little to know that you're still messing around? Cause that's all I'm hearing. Honestly, what does she have that I can't give you myself?"

"A heart, maybe?" Michael said.

"I have more heart than she could ever have in a million fucking years!" I shouted.

He got into my space. "You and I both know that that's a damn lie! I'm breaking up with you because I realised the negativity that radiates around is causing me too much stress!"

I bit back my bottom lip, trying to hold back tears.

"I'm already dealing with the public constantly doggin' me. Michael is this! Michael is that! And then there's Diana, The drunk! Do you have any Idea how bad that makes me look? Not just me, but the both of us?"

I sniffled, my face felt stuffy due to the tears I was holding back. I swung my hand, planting a hit on his right cheek.

He jolted back after the impact, holding his cheek.

I pointed in his face "You have no fucking idea what my life is like. You have no idea what I've been through."

I stormed out, slamming the door behind me. I decided I'd take a taxi home. On the way there, I cried silently in the backseat, trying to keep my whimpers as silent as possible.

Once he reached my home, I paid the driver and sped-walked to the front door. I shut it behind me, sliding my back against in until I hit the floor. I slammed my elbow against the door, then yelling in pain.

After twenty minutes, I climbed up the stairs to my room and went to bed.

Next Morning

Way too commonly I found myself being awoken by the sound of that dreadful doorbell. I put on my robe heading downstairs to confront the person.

"Can't a woman get some slee-"

Richard stood there in the doorway, he raised an eyebrow. "Happy to see you too." He smirked.

I tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ear and stepped out of the way to let him in. "I'm sorry. I'm just...exhausted... "

"Exhausted? I'll leave if you want." He suggested.

"No! Please..." I bury my face in his chest. "I had a rough night."

He wrapped his arms around me, resting his chin on my head.

We stood in embrace for a while, until being rudely interrupted by Mamba, My cat, whom came between us meowing. He hissed at Richard, scratching at his tan slacks.

"Mamba!" I grabbed the beast. "Thinks he's the Alpha in the house."

"Hey, he's just a dragon protecting the beautiful princess from peril." Richard attempted to caress my face with his hand, but was swatted away by Mamba.

I smirk at Richard. "Maybe he just knows what's best for me."....

I am so sorry for not updating. I was originally going to abandon this story, because I had no more Ideas. I didn't know how to continue. But once I redownload Wattpad, I noticed all of the fans, and people who wanted more and that motivated me. I've also been trying to focus more on my art. But thank you so much for sticking around. I would also like to apologize for this chapter being so short.

~💋Dirty Diana💋~