Chapter 12: The Way He made her feel/Richard Bonello

Diana

Now I've got you....

He let my lips get close enough until he placed his hand over my mouth and said. "Nice try."

I stomp my foot. "How long are you gonna keep this up?!"

"Until I say so."

I cross my arms. "You said 'the longer I have you wait, the better it will be when we get there'." I complain to him.

"I never said today, Diana."

I had nothing else to say, so I just stormed off. Since he won't budge, I guess I'm just gonna have to sleep on the couch.

I could hear him laughing like a hyena from the bedroom.

I lay in fetal position on the sofa.

There is no way he could keep this up forever...

November 6, 1987

Writer

Michael calls Charlene to announce the making of his new video for his song The Way You Make Me Feel. He tries to convince her to join him at the audition and filming. It took a lot of persuasion, but she eventually accepted.

But with Diana, being her difficult self, thought she'd tag along.

"Diana." Michael calls from the other room.

"What?" She enters the room to him buttoning up his shirt in the mirror.

"When we get there. You're my backup singer. Got it?"

"Why?"

"It's a long story."

"You've got a girlfriend and you don't want to know you're cheating, so you cover it up with a cheap lie, that of which will slip right pass her pretty little eyes. You see that wasn't very long at all." She says.

"Witch."

"Love you too, Darling." 

Diana exits the room after to the bathroom to get ready for this fiasco.

The two are driven to a secret venue where the auditions will be held. With no hassle the security guards let the two in.

"What have you been doing? Your'e late! Go get changed right now." Frank complained.

Seen by Michael, was Charlene sitting in a folding chair. She happened to notice his presence and ran directly to him. 

Diana watched as the two embraced and grew envious.

"Uh! I've missed you!" Charlene exclaimed. 

"I've missed you more, Charlie!" he set her down.

"How's touring going?"

Michael sighs, rubbing the back of his neck. "Don't even get me started.."

"Try me." 

He really didn't know where to start, he made sure to exclude any details about him and Diana's romantic rendezvous, and tell her things she wanted to here.

While he was updating Charlene on his recent activity, Diana found it necessary to join the conversation. "Michael, your video." she interrupted.

His grin disappeared as he began his way to the dressing room. 

"Have we met?" Charlene asked politely. 

"No, I'm afraid not." She stuck out her hand for Charlene to shake.