So Long and Thanks for all the Booze (Alex's POV)

"What are you guys even wearing to this party anyway?" Jack asked as we sat around in his bedroom.

"I was planning on just what I have on," I said.

"Same," Rian and Zack both said.

"Oh, well, ok then," Jack said as he shrugged his shoulders. "What should we do until it's time to go?"

"Great question," I said as I chuckled.

"Oh! How about truth or dare?" both Zack and Rian suggested at the same time.

"Calm yourselves," I said as I laughed.

"Honestly," Jack said as he laughed as well.

"Sounds good to me," I said. "We've nothing better to do."

"Good point," Jack said. "Who's going first?"

"How about Zack asks Rian since it was their idea," I suggested.

"Yes!" Zack said as he turned to Rian. "Truth or dare?"

"Dare," Rian replied.

"Ok, I dare you to lick Jack's hand, but he has to stick his hand in the toilet first," Zack said.

"Dude, that's fucking digusting!" I said as I laughed.

"You're not even the one who has to do it!" Rian said as he groaned.

"And thank god for that!" I said.

"Fuck you guys," Rian and Jack both said as they stood up, followed by Zack and I.

We followed them into the bathroom down the hall, then Jack proceeded sticking his hand fully into the toilet water. After he pulled it out, he practically shoved it into Rian's face, making him stumble backwards and almost trip over the rug. After he got his footing back, he took his place back in front of Jack's hand. He grabbed Jack's wrist and just got it over with. Frankly, it was kind of digusting.

"Fuck you guys," Rian said.

"You're the one who chose a dare," Jack stated, laughing as he washed his hand off.

"I think I've learned my lesson," Rian said as he chuckled.

"Anyway," Zack said as we all walked back to Jack's room. "Who's next? Who are you going to ask, Ri?"

"Hmmm, truth or dare, Alex?" Rian asked me.

"Fuck," I said as I sighed. "I'm going to regret this, but dare."

"Alright, I dare you t-," he started saying before Zack whispered something in his ear. "Yes! Great idea, man! Ok, Alex, I dare you to kiss Jack."

"Uh, where exactly?" I asked.

"Lips?" Rian asked Zack.

"Definitely lips," Zack said as he was practically dying with laughter.

"Lips, my dear boy," Rian said as he too was laughing.

"Fuck you guys," I said as I stood up and walked over to Jack, who was sitting on the edge of his bed.

He just looked at me with a blank expression, one that I couldn't read. Normally I can tell how he feels and what he's thinking, but this time I couldn't. I decided to just get it over with, so I leaned down and kissed Jack right on the lips for a good five seconds.

Afterwards, we pulled apart and just kind of looked at each other, Zack and Rian still laughing their asses off in the background. After that, I made some weird excuse that my mom needed me home, so I had to go, but I'd be back before we all went to the party.

As I ran out of Jack's house, I tried to comprehend what had just happened... Even though it was only five seconds, it was a great kiss... Jesus Alex, what are you saying? You just kissed your best friend and you actually LIKED it. I, Alex Gaskarth, actually liked it. What the fuck is wrong with me?

I practically ran all the way home. I know I am probably blowing this way out of proportion, but I don't think I'm gay, and I just kissed my MALE best friend and I liked it. Why did I like it? Why did five seconds have such an impact on me? Why?!

"Alex? Why are you home? Aren't you and your friends having your movie night tonight?" my mom asked as I burst into the kitchen.

"Oh, I just forgot something. I came back to get it," I said.

"Oh, well you could have texted me and I could have brought it over. You didn't need to run all the way back here," she said.

"It's fine, mom, really," I said as I made my way to the stairs.

"Oh, well alright," she said.

I made my way upstairs and ran to my room. I needed to tell someone about this, but there's no one to tell, no one who will judge me, or who I'll actually be comfortable telling. I'm fucked. I'm confused and scared out of my mind. I groaned as I fell back onto my bed. I rubbed my face, then closed my eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I awoke, I looked at my clock next to my bed. It was 7:25. The party started at eight and I promised the guys I'd be back before then! Shit!
I sprung out of bed and ran to my closet, grabbing a different pair of skinny jeans and a shirt. I quickly changed into the new outfit, but not without stumbling over my jeans and falling like an idiot.
Once I was done changing, I grabbed my phone and quickly texted Rian, telling him I'd be at Jack's place in ten minutes, also apologizing for just leaving like I did. After that, I ran down the stairs and out the back door. I'm pretty sure I scared the shit out of my mom, but whatever.

Once I finally got to Jack's house, I knocked on the door and composed myself while I waited for someone to open the door.

"Hey man!" Zack said as he opened the door.
"Hey, sorry I just took off like that," I said a I walked in.
"Ehh, don't worry about it. We didn't do much of anything anyway," he said as we walked up to Jack's room.

Jack's room. The room where you know what took place a matter of hours ago. Alex, shut up. You can't let something so simple ruin your relationship with Jack, or any of the guys for the matter.

"Hey guys!" I said as I high fived them all, yes, even Jack.
"Hey!" Rian said. "You guys ready to go party it out soon?!"
"Count me in!" Jack and I said in unison, which actually made us laugh.
"Whoohooo! Hell yeah!" Zack said.

The four of us just sat around and talking for the next half hour. We decided we didn't want to show up right away, so we left Jack's house around 7:10 and headed to Heather's place, which wasn't too far away.
Once we got there, Heather opened the door when we knocked and smiled at us. She ushered us in, past kids with beers already on hand, kids making out in the corner of the hallway, and past the stereo, which was blaring some EDM. She got us all beers, which we gladly accepted. After that, she simply disappeared, as did Zack and Rian too. Probably talking to a bunch of jocks they know.
Now just Jack and I were left, obviously surrounded by a bunch of other people, but you get my point. What should I do? Should I say something? Tell him how I feel? Ugh.

"Hey, can I-," Jack and I said at the same time.
"You go fi-," we started to say together again.
"Oh god," he said as he laughed. "You go first."
"No you," I said as I chuckled.
"Alright, I was just wondering if I could talk to you upstairs?" he asked
"Sure," I said as I swallowed the lump that formed in my throat.