Let It Roll (Alex's POV)

Hold up.

Jack, my boyfriend, a GUY, is pregnant... Please tell me how that's even possible. I mean all the symptoms he's been having makes sense with the outcome, but he's a GUY. Once again, how is that even possible? Like what am I supposed to even say about all of this? I mean, I'm sure Jack is just as shocked as I, considering he's not moving at all.

"Jack?" I asked.

"Freak speaking," he said.

"Jack, stop it," I said. "You are not a freak."

"Yes I am. I mean this isn't supposed to happen to guys," he said. "What are people going to say?"

"Jack," I said as I got up and walked over to him, taking his hands in mine again. "Who cares what people say? They are just idiots who have nothing better to do with their lives than judge other people. You don't need them in your life, ok? Who the hell cares. All that matters is that you and our baby are safe."

Our baby. Holy shit. Jack is having a baby and it's MY baby. This is my fault... If we hadn't done it that night, none of this would be happening. Jack and I are having a baby and it's already ruining his life, and it's all my fault.

"Jack, this is my fault," I said.

"What are you talking about?" he asked.

"If we hadn't done it that night, then none of this would be happening," I explained. "We're having a baby and it's my fault."

"Alex, come on. Stop it. This is not your fault. Truthfully, I regret nothing about that night," Jack said. "I had fun and that fun created a new life. You and I are bringing a new, amazing life into this world. I'm not saying this isn't going to be hard and people aren't going to interfere, but you and I can do this. I know it, baby."

"I don't regret it either," I sighed. "I'm just scared."

"And you don't think I am?" he asked. "I'm the one who's carrying it."

"I know, but I'm going to be here for you, ok? I'm not leaving your side. You can't count on that. I love you a lot and you're not going to face this alone," I said.

"I love you so much, Alex," Jack said as he stood up and hugged me.

"I love you too, Jack," I said as I smiled and hugged him back tightly.

Shortly after we had finished talking and hugging, the doctor knocked on the door and told us it was time for Jack's ultrasound. Jack nodded at him, then took my hand, rather tightly as well. We followed the doctor down a few more hallways and we eventually wound up at the ultrasound room. The doctor wished us well, then left us there with a different woman, who looked rather young.

"Hi! I'm Libbie and I'll be your ultrasound technician," the woman said.

"Hi," Jack and I both said.

"I'm Alex," I said as I shook her hand.

"And I'm Jack," Jack said as he did the same.

"So, who's the lucky one?" she asked.
"Me," Jack said as he chuckled.
"Awesome! Can you just hop up on the bed here and pull your shirt up to your chest?" Libbie asked.
"Sure," Jack said as he climbed onto the bed.
"Alright, the stuff I'm going to put on here is going to be really cold at first, ok?" Libbie said.
"Alright," Jack said as Libbie squeezed some gooey stuff onto Jack's stomach.
"Looks like lube," I said.
"Alex, behave yourself. This is a beautiful moment," Jack said as he chuckled.
"To be honest, I get a lot of people in here that say that. Guys mostly," Libbie said.
"I rest my case!" I said as I laughed.
"Alright, there! You guys hear that?" Libbie asked as se moved the little remote thingy across Jack's stomach.
"Yeah," Jack and I both said.
"That's the baby's heartbeat," she said. "There's not much to see right now, considering you're only a few weeks along, but once you come back for your next appointment we should be able to see something."
"That'll be cool," I said as I smiled at Jack and took his hand.
"Yeah," Jack said as he gave me a small smile.
"Ok, I'm sorry, but you two are adorable together," Libbie said as she cleaned Jack up.
"Thank you!" Jack and I both said as we burst into laughter.
"Can't wait to see you two in a few more weeks!" Libbie said as she waved us out of the room.

Well, maybe this won't be so bad after all....