Stay Awake (Jack's POV)

Well, I'm officially due in about two weeks. Things have been kind of hard, considering that my stomach is freaking huge as shit, but Alex has really been helping me a lot. And let me tell you, graduation wasn't easy either. I finally convinced the principal to let me wear regular clothes instead of the gowns. I already got weird looks, but at least my sweatshirt hid the bump a little bit better. I'm just happy I graduated.

Alex and I both decided that we'd obviously not go to college the first year. Skip that year and possibly start a year late. A family is more important and always comes first. I definitely want to provide for our daughter, so I do plan on going to college eventually so I can get a good job.

What else was also really incredibly amazing was that Alex's parents and mine literally bought us an apartment. They bought us, Alex and I, an apartment. How amazing and cool is that?! We couldn't have been happier! They had already had it painted with furtniture in it as well. They even made up our daughter's room. It was so cute; pink walls, obviously, and well, pink everything, but it was adorable. It had a beautiful crib in the corner of the room, little toys sitting atop shelves and on tables, little pictures of animals hanging on the walls, and then her name hanging on the door; Elizabeth Anne. It was perfect, like she will be.

"How are you feeling today, baby cakes?" Alex asked as he appeared in our room, climbing into bed with me and pulling me close.

"Sore like usual, but hanging in there," I chuckled.

"Just making sure because you could have Libbie any day now," he said.

"I like how you're already giving her a nickname," I laughed.

"She's our daughter. It was bound to happen eventually," he said as he smiled.

"True, true," I said.

"I'm really excited," Alex said as he rested his hand on my stomach.

"I am too," I said as I put my hand on top of his.

"We'll be the perfect family," he said.

"Agreed completely," I said as I smiled and kissed Alex's cheek.

Alex and I spent the rest of the day in bed together, just sitting there and enjoying each others company. Alex eventually wound up falling asleep around midnight, I believe. I wasn't really tired yet, so I stayed awake and watched tv, that and I was having a few back and side pains, but nothing bad. Just enough to make me stay awake. I hadn't told Alex because I didn't want him worrying about me, but if they get any worse, I'm thinking of waking him up and telling him.

About three in the morning, the last time I looked at my clock beside me, I still wasn't sleeping, let alone did I even try because I knew I couldn't. The pains in my side and back were getting worse like I feared, so I was really debating waking Alex up. I'm surprised my groans from the pain didn't wake him up sooner. He'd toss and turn, but he'd never wake up.

"Alex," I gently shook him, not being able to take the pain any longer. "Babe, wake up."

"Mmm," he groaned, but didn't wake up.

"Alex, please wake up," I said as I shook him harder.

"Mm wha-what?" he asked, still not fully awake.

"I'm having these r-really bad pa-" I started to say before I inhaled sharply as another pain shot through my sides and back.

"Wait, what? What's going on?" Alex asked, definitely fully awake now.

"I was trying to say that I was having these really bad shooting pain through my back and sides," I responded.

"Oh my god," Alex said. "Jack, you're not due for another two weeks, but the doctor did say that you could have it anytime now."

"You don't really think I'm going in labor, do you?" I asked.

"I don't have any other explanation for it," Alex shrugged. "How long have you been having these?"

"Um, since a little before you came up in bed with me, but they weren't this bad then," I said.

"Why didn't you tell me?" he asked as he got out of bed.

"I thought they'd go away," I shrugged.

"Well, that's been about six hours or so now that these have been happening?" he asked.

"Wow, it's early in the morning and you're doing math. I'm proud," I chuckled.

"This is no time for joking," he said as he laughed.

"Then why are you laug-" I said before I groaned from another sharp pain.

"Babe," Alex said as he rushed to my side. "Are they very long or not?"

"Um, I think they're about forty-five seconds long or so," I said, still going through the last pain.

"And how close are they?" he asked.

"Um, well considering I had one when I first tried to wake you up, which was about three minutes ago, and then now..." I said.

"Jesus, they're really close," Alex said.

"Yeah," I breathed.

"Just keep remembering your breathing, like you're doing now," he said as he grabbed a bag and started packing things in it for the hospital.

After he finished packing just a couple of minutes later, he said we should leave and go to the hospital. I obliged and tried to get out of bed, but the pain was almost to the point where I could barely stand it, so Alex had to help me. A lot. We managed to get down to the vehicle outside and Alex helped me into the passenger seat.

"Fuck!" I screamed as he just started to drive off.

"Hang in there, baby," Alex said as he took hold of my hand.

"I-I'm trying," I said as I gripped his hand really tight. "God, it just really hurts."

"I know, but you're doing great, ok? Just hang in there for ten more minutes," Alex said.

"I-I'll try," I stuttered.

After ten more minutes of me screaming, yelling fuck a shit ton, and then squeezing Jack's hand until I'm sure it was numb, Alex and I finally arrived at the hospital. He quickly rushed to my side of the vehicle and helped me out. He walked by my side into the hospital and once we got in there, I thanked god that there wasn't anyone in there, besides the few nurses and doctors walking around.

Alex explained what was happening and the people there gladly took us right away to a room and had me get into a gown. Once I was done, Alex, who was already in scrubs, helped me onto the bed. After that, the doctors set everything up and gave me some medicine to knock me out.