nueve

Niall was walking towards the gate of the school, he wanted to go home, and relax. He was very tired and surprisingly hungry. As he reached for his phone from his backpack, he felt someone gripping his arms extremely tightly. 

-What did I tell you about talking to other boys?

-Zayn, you're hurting me

Zayn's breath was harsh, his chest heaving up and down, his knuckles white from how tight he was gripping Niall's arms. he knew there would be bruises. 

-Niall, what did i tell you?

-um.. not to.

-Then why do you still do it, you little slut. You're nothing but a little lying slut.

and with that he walked away, didn't give niall a chance to explain to him, why he even talked to a boy. he was scared because, sure, zayn was manhandled him several times in  the past, but this time felt different, he wanted to cry, but he saw his dad's car pull up and it was time to go home. 

-hey pumpkin, how was school today?

-hey daddy, it was good, we had a group project in algebra

-oh, i hope everything went smoothly, nobody is slacking. 

-no thy're all great, my um friend anwar is in my group.

-Anwar? the blonde guy with a funny style?

-daddy, it's not funny, he's doing it for  the fashion

And they were laughing, he glanced at his dad, he was a very handsome man, his mommy was very lucky, the way he crinkled his eyes, and threw his head back a little because he was laughing so hard. He loved his dad, he adored this man, because they took him in, and gave him all their love and he will be forever grateful. 

-you're right pumpkin, you have to stand out in order to be extraordinary. 

-yeah, he definitely stands out. 

-he most definitely does, alright pumpkin let's go home, i have a lot of work to still get done and your mother missed you very much.

late at night he was doing homework, zayn hasn't texted him or called him, and he started wondering what are we doing? is this healthy? is this how a relationship should be? 

on a Friday night, he was sitting out on the terrace with his mom, his dad was coming home late from work, so they were outside enjoying  nice and warm cup of tea with pastries they had baked early in the evening. 

-Mommy, how did you know daddy was the one?

-well, he would always try too hard to get my attention, and he would always get me these peanut butter cookies, they were my favorite of course and i knew that man was the one i wanted to spend the rest of my life with. 

-daddy? trying too hard?

-oh yes, he was the geekiest kid in school, was also the smartest, always reading, getting all A's, but had the kindest heart and a great sense of humor, he made me laugh. and if  man knows how to make you laugh, well he's a keeper.

And niall thought zayn never makes me laugh.  Did that mean zayn wasn't the right one for him?

-why the sudden interest baby?

-oh no reason, you guys are so good together and I just wondered how did you get here.

-Sweetie your daddy and i have problems, just like any other couple does, but we work them out, and usually he apologizes, but let me tell you one thing, and I want you to remember this forever.

She put her cup down and sat up straight, she wanted to get her point across to her youngest son, she needed him to know this. 

-If you are in a relationship and they don't make you happy, if they are always putting you down, if they make you feel sad, they don't deserve you, and you have to break up with them. When you love somebody you would do anything to make them happy, and baby look at me, and listen to me carefully, ok?

He nodded and looked at his mommy right in the eye

-They cannot tell you what to do, what to wear, who you can and can't talk to you, and most importantly they are not allowed to touch you anywhere with out you're consent. because you are not an object, you are not a pet. You are your own person, only you can do that, nobody else.

And Niall felt something in his chest, he knew Zayn did all those tings, but how could he tell his mom that his boyfriend treated him worse than an animal. It would break her heart.

-ok mommy.

He reached out for his mom and hugged her, he felt a pang in his chest he wanted to cry.

-I love you baby, and you know you can talk to me about anything alright pumpkin.

-I love you too mommy. 

And he asked himself if his mom knew about his toxic relationship with Zayn.

--------

hi

liz xx