2) Fright

Jareth violently jolted awake, falling out of his bed and thumping onto the floor. The floor was not his, usually covered in furs. Instead, it was metal; everything was metal. There were sounds of chains clanking against each other, against walls and dragging along the steel floors.

Groaning, Jareth sat up and scratched his head. His brain couldn't process where he was, and why. No matter how hard he tried to think, to come up with clues, nothing worked. Then it all came flooding back;

"My king," The Wiseman's voice echoed, "I will send you to Miss Sarah's world, but I cannot send you to her exact location, as I do not have the prowess. You will have to find her on your own... Take heed, and please try to stay hidden..."

Now it all made sense. But where was he? The only way to find out was to leave the safety of place he was in, but Jareth couldn't risk being seen. His job was going to prove to be quite difficult.

Jareth slowly got to his feet, noticing the ragged robes he wore. The Wiseman couldn't put him in something more decent? Jareth growled and rolled his eyes. He slid down a vent, creeping barefoot in the freezing water below him.

Off in the distance he could hear noises; electrical noises, like a remote control truck mortal children played with. He looked around slowly, trying not to snag his horns in the chains that hung around him. This place was odd for a sewer. The deeper Jareth walked into the sewers, the more disgusting it became. He scrunched his nose in disgust and agony.

The metal walls began to turn into stone, and the dirty water faded. He was in a part of the sewer that was now more like a labyrinth of tunnels. Pitch black tunnels. Jareth thanked his ability to see half-assed in the dark. Perks of being part owl and part goblin-like Fae.

Turning around a corner, he saw a light and quickly stepped back behind the stone wall. Crouching, Jareth peeked around the corner and was met with some sort of mortal robot machine on wheels with a camera on the top, being given away by the bright light and red dot as a sign of recording. Jareth slowly moved out more, and then as the machine moved he became startled and jumped back.

Sliding down a shaft, Jareth was trembling in absolute fear. The Goblin King hadn't ever been in a situation like this. And now that he was such a position, he was ready to jump out of his skin at the slightest sign of danger. Being without his powers, he was vulnerable. He hadn't a clue of what the mortal people were capable of.

For once in his life, he was truly frightened by the unusual- frightened by mortals.