14) Sick

Art above is mine, done for this year's Inktober. I found it a good reference for this chapter.

///

It was raining heavily outside with thunder and lightning occasionally booming around. The goblins in the city stayed inside their warm homes and the Labyrinth creatures made do with hiding wherever they could from the pouring rain.

Sarah and Jareth sat inside the castle relaxing all up until the Goblin King started having a rather nasty coughing fit, causing him to sit forward to try to breathe properly.

"Jesus, are you alright?" Sarah worried.

Jareth nodded in a 'yes' gesture, but Sarah wasn't buying it. She placed her hand on his back as he coughed and coughed. He sounded as if he had been sick with the flu; mucusy, hoarse and downright ill.

"What... hell..." He breathed heavily.

"That sounded awful, like you need to be resting."

"I'm fine, I'm fine. That was just... odd..." He sighed. "Now, where was I?... Ah! The Great War of Ashabynah!"

Sarah cautiously sat back and kept her eye on Jareth, allowing him to continue the stories.

"So your father was there?"

"He was, through all of it." Jareth sat back. "The Myshmin were ferocious creatures. Deadly weapons, deadly but limited magic. My father would bring up scribed documents and detailed images of them during the war against the Fae when he would tell me the stories."

All while he told his story Sarah sat silently, picturing everything he described- down to every little detail he spoke of.

Not a moment later Jareth felt something dribble out of the corner of his mouth. When he wiped it with his hand there was a dark substance that was thicker than saliva. Sarah quickly noticed this and ran for a towel to apply and keep from getting messy.

"Jareth- what is going on?" The young woman exclaimed in slight fear. "Good god!"

Jareth became dazed, trying his hardest to not black out, but he felt himself growing weaker by the second.

"Sarah... get the Wiseman..."

///

Short, I know, but I recently got a few ideas of how to continue this story. Just wait until the next chapter. I'm gonna try to get back into the swing of writing.

 I'm gonna try to get back into the swing of writing