5) Party Time

Strutting down the sidewalk, donned in his ragged robes, Jareth was mildly surprised about the lack of looks he got. It was almost as if the town he was in held costume parties every day.

The wind howled all around him, throwing his big and frizzed hair around his face. He'd been following Sarah's entourage from a distance, often stopping to allow himself to be further away and become totally unnoticeable.

Once Sarah and Toby left the group, Jareth watched carefully from a distance as the siblings entered a fairly sizable house. They clearly didn't live alone, given the two expensive looking mortal vehicles parked next to the house. Jareth sighed in annoyance, but he'd at least found Sarah.

Nearby, he spotted a wooded area; perfect to hide and wait to catch Sarah alone... Jareth scrunched his nose as he realized how wrong this all sounded. He felt like a perv, and it made him question whether this all really mattered. Jareth leaned against a streetlight pole, rubbing his temple. As selfish as he could be, Jareth began to think about what he would be doing to Sarah's future. She had her whole life to live. But Jareth's strength and health was deteriorating.

Sighing, Jareth sauntered into the wooded area, hiding next to Sarah's house. He saw that the home was different compared to the one he'd last seen her in all those years ago, back when he had taken little Toby.

Jareth guessed it was just pure luck that he even found Sarah to quickly.

---

Hours passed by, and Jareth sat silently in the bushes and trees, waiting. The back door to the house opened, and out came a shaggy dog.

"Hurry up Merlin, it's late." Sarah yawned, sitting in a hammock on the deck. After the dog went back inside, and before Sarah followed, Jareth quickly got up from his position and strutted silently toward her until he spoke,

"Sarah."