10) Apologies

"Sarah, I apologize for my...behavior." Jareth started. "And I apologize for bringing you here against your will. I'm...very frustrated with everything currently. I just want this damned curse to go away, and my temper clouded me." He turned away, slowly picking at the dried scab across his lips subconsciously.

"As angry as I am with you, I understand." Sarah glared with slight playfulness. "I know what it's like."

Jareth's eyes gleamed at her while he gave a small sly smirk. He noticed Sarah hadn't touched a thing on her plate.

"I'll take that you aren't very hungry."

"No, not really."

"How about this; let's go for a walk. Ease our minds and...talk about our current situation."

"We really probably should talk about this, Goblin King." Sarah huffed with amusement, prodding at his current physical state.

Jareth found this amusing very little, but paid no attention to it. He and Sarah walked slowly through the castle, walking in silence with only their footsteps to accompany them.

"So..." Sarah started. "I did this?" She gestured at Jareth's horns.

"Yes." He sighed. "After you defeated me I was cursed with this look. The only way I can break the curse is if the one who bested me becomes the new ruler over the goblins, or at least accept their fate and be at my side."

"God dammit..."

"I didn't want to pull you into this at first, but..." He rubbed his temple. "After being in this form as long as I have, it becomes hard to show myself in public. People think I'm a monster; a disease of some sort..."

"Then now what? I don't think I can just up and leave my life back in the Aboveground."

"Believe me, my dear, it's easy to do so."

"Well, I...I don't know." Sarah grumbled. "It's going to take me time to "accept my fate" because that would mean I have to spend eternity with you, wouldn't it."

"Yes, indeed." Jareth grinned toothily.

"Ugh..." She groaned. Jareth chuckle lowly at her frustration.

"Don't be so cold, dearest. It's not that bad living with me."

"Says the Goblin King who kidnapped me."

"Ouch." He smirked.

///

Sorry this is a bit shorter than most chapters, but I'll be blunt- this was just filler, really. I'm working on another book so I'm just kinda slow on this one. Hope you enjoy though!

 Hope you enjoy though!