6) Spotting

Yes, I made a teeny tiny edit on the image above, just zoom in and look closely. Also, yes, that tunnel creature (debunked) inspired part of the story in the beginning after watching hours of creepy videos on YouTube of creature sightings and stuff like that.

///

"J...Jareth?" Sarah's eyes went wide as she froze, not a muscle moving. Jareth's hands were clasped behind his back as he looked up at the frightened girl.

"Ello." He smiled ear-to-ear.

"What happened to... You... You're... not at all like I remembered..."

"No, I am not." His voice lost the cheer to it and his smile faded. "I lost my infamous looks ten years ago."

"That was-"

"When you defeated me, yes. Tell me, my dear, how have you been since then?"

"Jareth-"

"You didn't answer my question." Jareth's face was stern, as was his voice. "I'm also surprised you believe it's really me, and not some crazy party goer."

"I..." Sarah started. "After the whole labyrinth deal, I struggled for two years trying to overcome that entire event. I told myself it was just a figment of my very vivid imagination."

"Very vivid, indeed." Jareth grinned.

"You're not helping-"

"Yes, and neither are you." He snapped, pursing his lips. Sarah's lip began to quiver slightly as Jareth took a step forward. As the Goblin King was nearly nose to nose with Sarah, he saw both fear and relief in her jewel eyes. His frame almost towered over the young lady, giving Jareth a boost in ego.

"Wait, what do you mean I'm not helping?"

"Do you mind if we took this inside?" Jareth spoke, already heading inside Sarah's home.

"I-"

"Thank you."

"...I guess you're lucky no ones home." Sarah sighed. She wasn't going to even bother arguing with him, not now.

"Oh, I know. I saw them leave." He smiled.

"What? You've been just sitting out here in the dark, watching me?!" Sarah fumed. Jareth turned and simply smiled widely. He turned his heel and plopped himself on a couch, humming to himself. Sarah slowly shut the backyard door and stepped cautiously toward the lounging, horned king.

"What is this?" He pointed to the television.

"It's a tel-"

"I know what a television is, I'm talking about this awful show."

"That "awful show" is the local news." Sarah huffed and sat in a chair across Jareth.

"Ah." He whispered, watching the screen. Just as he was about to speak, what the news lady said next instantly got his attention.

"...Up next, an inspection robot captured very mysterious footage inside the local water tunnels. Can we get a playback?" When the lady finished, the screen went to the recording of the tunnels, and there he was. Jareth. Peeking around that stone wall and looking directly into the camera lens. Being captured on a mortal camera could spell trouble.

"Turn it off." He sternly said.

"Jareth, is that...is that you?" Sarah's head turned back and forth from the screen to Jareth, who was quite speechless. He turned slowly to face Sarah, and his silence gave her the answer.