What makes Monsters?

"I will kill that beast."

Shizuo's heart rate quickened. Vorona wouldn't, would she? What was he thinking, of course she would it was her job. Vorona was a hunter, killing was in her blood. Shizuo opened his mouth to retort however, they arrived back in town.

"Vorona is back!" yelled a man.

A few men gathered around the woman, asking if she had slayed the wolf. When Vorona shook her head muttering negative they all shrugged and sauntered off.

Shizuo never got to tell her he didn't really want Izaya dead.

"Your back, brother." the voice was monotone and even, but Shizuo still recognized the worry in it.

The blond turned around to face the younger Heiwajima.

"Kasuka!" beamed the older of the two.

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah, thanks to Vorona." smiled Shizuo, glancing at his female companion.

The brunet brother nodded in response, looking over the blond.

"Your basket." he simply stated.

Shizuo tensed up, jerking his head back and forth looking for the missing basket.

"Shit- I lost it..." said the blond, shoulders slumping at the realization.

A gentle hand was placed on his shoulder. "It's alright brother, it was only a basket."

Sighing he nodded in agreement. The pair walked home, a comfortable silence accompanying them.

The moment the blond stepped in the door his mother was wrapped around him, embracing the blond in a smothering hug. He gently smiled, giving her only reassuring words till she released him. His father waited at the table, a stoic expression on his wrinkled features. Shizuo couldn't help but worry if he was in trouble now. His father only smiled and waved him over, embracing his son in a short hug. Shizuo felt his heart swell with joy, he always felt so blessed having the family he did. The were kind and forgiving, something a lot of kids didn't have. However, it only made it hurt more when the blond went on his wild rampages. Deep down he knew they would love him unconditionally, yet the feeling he'd someday disappoint them always lingered.

Dinner had already been prepared and waited for a family to consume it. Once everyone was seated Shizuo's mother brought a large pot to the table, setting it in the center. Removing the lid it revealed white creamy soup, the smell drifted around the room making the atmosphere more pleasant.

After dinner, Shizuo and Kasuka went to their room. Sitting in their shared bed, the blond glanced at his younger brother.

"Kasuka," he started "what do you think of wolves?"

The brunet looked up at his older brother, face blank as ever.

"That's a hard question, brother. Wolves are tricky creatures, not one is alike."

Shizuo furrowed his brow at this. They were just beasts, they didn't have distinct personalities. They weren't like humans, they didn't have reason or emotions. That's what he always thought, that's what most people thought.

"Bull. They are just beasts." he said absent mindedly, messing up his wild blond locks. "Just monsters, ya know."

"What makes a monster?" Kasuka asked.

It was a peculiar question, one Shizuo was going to answer; only Kasuka rolled over in bed, facing away from his brother. Shizuo blinked in surprise, opening his mouth to ask the brunet about his actions only to be cut off.

"Think about it, answer me another time."

The blond knew his brother was done talking so he laid back himself, relaxing under the covers hoping to find rest. His brother's words echoed through his brain, the peculiar question stuck on replay in his mind.

Was Izaya a monster? By definition, yes. Shizuo thought. But to the blond?Monsters were evil destructive creatures, incapable of love. That was how Shizuo saw a monster. When he closed his eyes to imagine it, a picture of himself flashed across his mind. To Shizuo, he himself was the only monster.

[___In the Woods___]

"A-tisket a-tasket brother found a basket~"

"Red."

!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!

It's such a short chapter, sorry^^;  I hope it was goid enough though. Kasuka and Vorona are really hard to portray, I just pray I'm doing them justice. Even in an AU I don't like OOC ness. Welp sorry about mistakes! Hope to update soon~