Planted by a Human

"Return his basket of course!~"

Shinra raised an eyebrow at the statement. It wasn't quite what he expected, but it wasn't a bad idea...right? Maybe he and Shizuo could be friends someday, it'd make his life hella easier. Offering his friend what could be called a "encouraging" smile, Shinra stood, snatching Izaya's half full tea cup. The raven whined a bit, saying something to the effect of 'you give then take! Such a cruel love we share!' then proceeding to flail his arms about for dramatic effect.

Shinra ignored his dramatics and washed the two cups, while Izaya prepared to leave.

"Be careful, Izaya." the brunet glanced to the side, shooting a warning glare at the wolf. "Shizuo isn't the safest play thing."

Izaya couldn't contain the low chuckle that bubbled from his throat. "Oh Shinra," he purred, a smirk playing his lips. "Those are the best kind~" a short farewell was said between them as Izaya left the way he entered.

Looking down at the basket, Izaya untied the red ribbon. "Time to return you to your owner!"

___

Shizuo wasn't an early bird. In fact he hated mornings so much he wasn't afraid to make it clear. Some examples included ripping his pajamas, breaking eating utensils, yelling and sometimes ripping up trees. So when his mother woke him that morning, telling him to chop firewood(or in Shizuo's case, ripping it with his bare hands.) the blond was not pleased. That morning's casualties were: two pairs of chopsticks and one pair of pajamas.

Kasuka was already gone that morning. Shizuo often wondered what his little brother did in the mornings, but he often forgot to ask.

Grabbing his favorite red cape the blond shuffled to the door. "I'm off." he grumbled, using one of his large hands to ruffle his bed head.

His mother waved from the window then returned to her own task.

The blond then remembered what lurked in the wood. A low animal like growl rumbled in the back of his throat, the name 'Izaya' rolled off his tongue. Bitter, he thought. That name tasted bitter. The blond pulled a face at the strange thought, but just trudged onward; hoping to see that shifty wolf again, though he'd never admit it.
_

The wood was peaceful, Shizuo thought to himself. A small smile crept onto his lips as he walked through the wood. Being alone wasn't bad, it was actually quite nice. No one to bother, nag, or tease him. Just peace.

"Tada~!"

Soft petals drifted about, like a light rain of color. Shizuo looked up at the tree above him, a pink flower petal landing on his nose. There, in the tree, was Izaya emptying a basket of flowers on the blond. The wolf had a huge grin plastered on his face as he watched Shizuo's expression change from wonder, to surprise, to anger in the span of just a few moments.

"Iiiizaaayaa!" roared the blond, fists balled in anger.

The raven hopped down, branch by branch, till he hit the soft forest floor. Twirling the basket round Izaya sauntered over to the blond. "I'm here to return your basket." he said, tone more matter-o-factly than teasing.

"Heh?" Shizuo tilted his head in question, confused by the statement.

"You dropped it, remember~?" the wolf held out the basket a small smirk edging his lips.

Why? Thought the blond. Izaya was like a triple coded riddle that had no answer in the end. His actions made no sense. Lack of control and understanding annoyed Shizuo a bit. He liked being in control, he usually could be with his strength. But this wolf was taking away his power, playing his mind games to get the better of the blond brute. It really pissed him off.

Gingerly Shizuo took the basket, examining it thoroughly.

"The ribbon, where is it?" he asked after finishing the examination.

Izaya only hummed in response before stepping forward and lifting his wrist. There it was, wrapped neatly round the wolf's wrist with a small bow at the end.

Shizuo felt his brow knit together in confusion. "What the hell?"

"I'm keeping it!" Izaya beamed. "So I can look at it and think of Shizu-chan~"

"I'll just punch you till you bleed, that'll work just as well."

Izaya couldn't stop the genuine laugh from escaping his lips. Shizuo was completely serious, which made it all the more hysterical for Izaya.

"Don't laugh!" the blond felt his face flush with embarrassment. "Wasn't even funny!"

"H-how was that not funny!" the wolf gasped out between laughs.

"Cause I'm serious!"

Izaya was defeated. The wolf rolled about the ground in a fit of laughter, clutching his stomach that now hurt. However, Shizuo was far from amused.

"Gimme my ribbon back, creep!" Shizuo barked, hand already extended toward Izaya.

The wolf stopped his fit a moment to look thoughtful. The hand with the ribbon stroking his chin.

"If you answer one question." replied the raven, eyes flashing with a mischievous glint.

"Fine." grumbled the blond, slinging the basket over his shoulder.

"Do you remember Ruri?~"

Shizuo felt his stomach drop. How...did Izaya know about her?

!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!-!

*half past midnight* I should add a twist to this story I wanted to end in a few chapters. Sigghhh.. Well it should be an interesting twist. Maybe you'll find out in the next chappy~ Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment if you liked it! Also, sorry about mistakes!