Basket Full(Lone Wolf)

"A-tisket a-tasket brother found a basket~"

"Red."

The raven groaned. Of course he ran into his sisters. This wood really wasn't big enough. Tightening his grip on the basket the wolf spun around, a false smile plastered on his face.

"Well well well!~ Isn't this an unpleasant surprise!" he chuckled, causally holding the basket behind his back.

"Whatcha got there, Iza-nii?" Mairu asked as she skipped up to him.

Gritting his teeth the oldest of the three spoke. "Don't be nosy, that's none of your business."

The eccentric twin smirked, glancing sideways at her more reserved twin sister.

"Red ribbon." Kururi spoke up, pointing at the red ribbon hanging from the basket's handle.

"Yeah! It's red, just like that humans cape was!"

Izaya felt a tick of annoyance at their persistence but just smiled at them. Of course they saw the whole thing, they just had to be in his neck of the woods when Shizu-chan was passing through.

"Are you here to complain about some human's," he stressed the word human. "fashion sense?"

Both shook their heads, almost in sync.

"Iza-nii is so forgetful isn't he, Kuru-nee!" said Mairu, shaking her twin excitedly.

"Yes." replied Kururi simply.

Then it clicked. Izaya had forgotten they had check in duty this month. Sighing the raven massaged his temples.

"Right."

The eccentric twin smirked at her brother. "Pay up!~"

Wolves are pack animals. Izaya, though a wolf, was not part of a pack. At least not anymore.

"What does Shiki-san want now?" he asked, leaning against a tree.

"Information on the humans." Kururi answered.

Her twin just nodded, still smirking at their brother.

Twirling the basket in his palms the raven answered. "They are wonderful as always~"

Both twins cringed at his words.

Wolves and humans had an understanding. They both loathed each other. Humans tried to kill them, of course there was bad blood. Both parties were raised hating the other. Humans raised to hunt wolves and wolves raised to kill these attackers. Izaya didn't agree with this, he loved humans.

Looking at the sloppily tied red ribbon on the basket Izaya sighed.

His encounter with Shizuo came back to mind.

"They have a new hunter." his tone was more serious now.

"New one?" Mairu straightened her back, more serious as well.

Izaya nodded. "A blond girl. Russian, highly skilled."

The twins nodded in sync. "That's definitely goid to know."

Kururi pointed at the basket, her sister nodding as if the girl had spoken.

"What about the human in the red cape?~"

Instantly smirking Izaya slung the basket over his shoulder. "That was no human. He, he was a monster."

The girls looked at eachother confused. They had never seen their brother look so excited and passionate.

"You're gonna kill a human?" Mairu asked in astonishment.

Izaya scoffed. "He's not one of my precious humans~" a frown now adorned his handsome features.