Chapter Fifteen: White Flag

**

I can't take much of the meeting any longer after the outburst that Sebastian had.

After Lucas' embarrassing attempt and regulation and enduring the awkward silence, I excuse myself politely before exiting the conference room to go look for Sarah and Sebastian. I have no idea what I'm going to say when I see them. More specifically, I have no idea what I'm going to say to Sebastian once I see him. For the last couple of days, I have been set on my thoughts about him; I've hated him and his ridiculously arrogant and rude behavior towards me. But his small little slip up has managed to change everything.

Walking down the hall at a quickened pace, I stop immediately when I see Sarah giving Sebastian frantic hand gestures in an empty conference room. And instead of eavesdropping like I normally would, I open the door and invite myself inside. Sarah ends what she was saying to Sebastian and looks at me with intense eyes. She's upset--Sebastian and I sabotaged the meeting. More specifically, I sabotaged the meeting with sending that stupid text to him on accident.

Maybe now, I'll know not to text under the table so confidently.

They're both waiting for me to say something. And for once, I'm at a loss for words.

"I didn't mean what I said," Sebastian says to me. And this time, he means it. "That was a slip up on my end."

"That's it?" I ask him, entering the room and closing the door. "That's all you have to say?"

"Well, I don't know what you want me to tell you, Leslie."

"I want you to be honest with me. Ever since I met Alejandro you've just been so anal about everything I do with him! Then you have the audacity to claim that he's 'dangerous' yet not tell me why?"

"It's more than you can comprehend--"

"Oh, bullshit." For some reason, I was becoming angry at him for more reasons than one, but hating him? It isn't like that; that deep rooted animosity towards him is gone. I just have questions I want answered.

Sebastian widens his eyes at me when I call him out. Once leaning against the table, he is now approaching me with a very affronted attitude.

"Excuse me?" He says. And that's when the word vomit begins.

"Ever since the journal leak happened you have been out to get me. I understand you're mad, but interfering with my professional work because you're upset is immature and ridiculous."

Sebastian laughs at me, fueling the fire I started the moment I walked in here. "Oh, Jesus. That's what you think? You think me trying to warn you about someone who is clearly not a morally correct person is out of spite for shit that happened between us? I'm already over it, Leslie."

"Oh, of course you're not! You're not over it! And by that outburst you had in the meeting, you're not over me, either."

That last part was definitely not supposed to be said; it was more of something that you keep in your mind, never to let it out. But once I do let it out I know there is no coming back from it. And the pale, vacant look on Sebastian's face once the words escape my lips is an indication that this is far from over.

The door to the conference room opens behind us before Sebastian or Sarah can say anything. Lucas slowly inches into the room, wheeling those bright blue eyes side to side as if he is unsure if the coast is clear. But once he sees that it's just us three, he walks in and closes the door.

"Hi, guys," he starts, flashing that boyish smile. "I know that you guys are really in the heat of the moment, but Mr. McGregor and his entire team are growing kind of impatient--"