Chapter 2

(Skylar's P.O.V)
"And CUT! That's a wrap!" The director calls out, signaling that the day was over. I sigh and stand up, walking to get a small snack before going to my dressing room.
"Hey, Sky!" Jena chirps, skipping up beside me.
"Hey." I smile at her, grabbing a grape and eating it. Jena was the main extra, and she thought she was the greatest.
"So, like, are you going to that concert in the park this weekend?" She asks curiously, making me look at her.
"Umm? Yeah, why?" I ask her, turning and walking towards my dressing room.
"Some of those performers are kinda lame." She says groaning.
"And how would you know?" I ask her, opening the door to my dressing room.
"They're from Disney!" She basically yells at me.
"And that makes them lame because?" I ask her, standing in my doorway.
"Disney is for kids!" She says, pushing her way into my dressing room.
"Oh come on. Disney is NOT only for kids." I say, crossing my arms and looking at her.
"You don't watch Disney do you?" She asks a disgusted look on her face.
"No!" I lie, going to the makeup table in the corner of the room.
"Okay, well I've got an audition to be at. Toodles!" She says, waving and walking out the door, slamming it behind her. I roll my eyes and lay my head down on the table with a thump. A knock on the door makes me jump and I look in the mirror, seeing who comes in.
"Okay, the script came in the mail. Here it is. You have a meeting in an hour, your mom brought more headshots, you have an event tonight at 6..." Lisa continues, reading from her phone.
"Event? What event?" I ask her, making her look up and sigh almost silently.
"The pre-show for the concert this weekend." She says.
"Seriously? It's only Tuesday. Why is it tonight?" I groan, leaning on my hand.
"That I can't answer. Hurry up and change. We have a meeting. Move it." She says leaving the room. I get out of my chair and change into my normal clothes, hanging the costume up on a rack. I slip on my shoes and hop towards the door, pulling it open and finding Lisa right outside the door.
"Off we go." She says, walking quickly to the door and pushing it open, the bright California sun greeting us. I pull my sunglasses down and follow her to the car, putting my seatbelt on as she skids out of the parking lot.
"What's the back story of this meeting?" I ask, flipping through the three paged letter.
"Not exactly sure. It could be anything. Maybe it'll be your big break." She says hopefully.
"Ha! Yeah, right. I've been at this for over 10 years, it gets depressing after a while." I sigh, reading the address on the letters envelope.
"Wait. This is from LA Talent. That's like the biggest agency in California!" I practically scream.
"I know everything about this meeting but can't tell you." Lisa smiles at me.
"That's the thing I hate about this job. The secrets suck!" I groan, making her smile as she turns on to Sunset Blvd. She finds the building and parks in the garage, turning the car off and waiting for me to get out. I take my folder and we both get out, walking inside and stopping at the front desk.
"How can I help you?" The elderly woman asks sweetly.
"We have a meeting with LA Talent in 30 minutes. What floor is that on?" Lisa asks her, showing her the letter.
"Fifth floor. At the end of the hall." She smiles at her, handing Lisa a small card that must be some kind of pass.
"Thank you." Lisa says, taking the card and motioning for me to follow her to the elevator. We step in and Lisa presses the button for the fifth floor. I put my phone on silent and put it in my purse, stepping off the elevator and following Lisa down the long hallway. The door to the meeting room opens just as we get there and tall man steps out.
"You must be Skylar! I'm Jerry. Please, have a seat. I'll be with you in a moment!" He says, holding the door for us.
"Thank you!" I say smiling, going into the room and sitting down at the huge table. I get out my headshot and set it on the table.
"Okay, where should I start?" Jerry says coming back into the room.
"The headshot won't be needed. Your manager sent us a copy and lets just say, you fit the description of the lead role," He begins, sitting down across from us. I internally scream, but somehow manage to keep my cool.
"As I was saying, we've been looking for a female to be the star of our newest Disney Channel origninal movie, and lets just say, we think you're a perfect fit. So, all you have to do is sign this contract and you'll be the star of the show. Limos, red carpets, the true side of fame." Jerry says, sliding a contract across the table.
"What are the downfalls?" Lisa asks him, looking over the contract.
"I assure you, there's no downfall." He says, folding his hands together.
"What's this about 10% goes back to the company?" Lisa asks him.
"Ah, yes, she gets 90% of the paycheck while 10% goes to LA Talent for future movies and tv shows." He explains and she nods.
"Is that all?" She asks him.
"Yes. Set times are from 6:00am to 9:00pm, on weekdays, and 5:30am to 5:00pm on weekends." Jerry says and I nod, watching Lisa sign the contract before sliding it over to me. I sign it and slide it back, making Jerry smile.
"Congratulations. Welcome to LA Talent. I'll have an agent assigned to you as soon as possible." He says shaking my hand.
"As long as Lisa remains my manager." I say to him.
"Your wish is my command. Welcome aboard. There will be a table read next weekend. I hope you can attend." He says standing as we do.
"We'll be there. Email the times." Lisa says, shaking his hand and he nods, leading us out of the room. We walk down the hall and I look ahead of me, still trying to comprehend what just happened.

(Emery's P.O.V)
"All right boys, from the top!" The show manager says to us.
"This is difficult. Can't we take a break?" Ricky groans, ruffling his hair.
"No. The pre-show is tonight. You have be ready." Jake says to him. We all groan and walk to center stage, each of us holding the mics in our hands.
"This sucks." I mumble to Ricky, wiping sweat from my forehead.
"I agree, bro. It's like 200 degrees." He mumbles, the music cutting him off. We start singing and try to make sure we get every single move right so we can take a break after this.
"Stop!" Jake yells over the music, holding his hand up. I look at Ricky and Liam, both of them looking at me before turning our attention back to Jake.
"That was brilliant! Nice job! Okay! Next artist." He says and we run off stage, going to find the trailer they rented for us. We step inside and the cold air hits me harder than a brick.
"Now that I'm basically dead." Ricky says, flopping back on the couch. I laugh and get water from the fridge, throwing one to him and Liam. I sit on the couch, picking up on of the magazines and mindlessly flipping through the pages.
"Boys. You're wanted at side stage." A guy in all black says, a headset and a clipboard in his hand.
"What side?" Ricky asks getting up.
"Left." The man says before disappearing. I groan and follow Ricky back out into the extremely hot LA day.
"Yo, check this out!" Liam says excitedly, rushing up behind me, shoving his phone in my face.
"What is it?" I ask him curiously.
"It's that new Disney movie that the label told us about. They're revealing the lead role tonight!" Ricky says excitedly, reading the same thing on their phone.
"Sick. This should be interesting." I smile at them as we finally reach the stage. I see a woman standing with a younger girl, maybe my age or a little younger.
"Hi! I'm Lisa and this is my client Skylar, I'm sure you've seen the article about the Disney movie?" The woman asks us.
"Umm, yeah just did actually. Are you the lead?" I ask her.
"Dude? I think she is the lead." Ricky says, pointing to the girl Lisa called Skylar.
"Yeah, that's me. It's nice to meet you." Skylar says, holding her hand out to Ricky.
"Well, I'm Ricky, I'm a singer in Forever In Your Mind. This is Emery and that's Liam." He says, making her nod and smile at us.
"So how long have you been acting?" Ricky asks her, crossing his arms and smiling at her.
"Over 10 years. I started out as an extra and finally got my break." She says happily.
"That's pretty cool. So, you're gonna be announced on stage tonight then?" I ask her, making her nod.
"Are you nervous?" Liam asks her.
"Not really. I might be later, but right now I'm not." She laughs, all of us agreeing with her.
"I'll be a wreck tonight." Ricky openly admits.
"So it gets bad for you?" She asks him.
"Yeah. I love performing, I just get super nervous before we go on." He chuckles, making her smile.
"I'm sure you'll eventually figure out how to control it." She tells him and he nods.
"I get nervous sometimes. I'll just be happy when the sun goes down." I laugh, Liam and Ricky agreeing quickly.
"Yeah, I watched some girl run through her set. That show dude is harsh." Skylar says, Putting her hands in her leather jacket pockets.
"Skylar, we have to go. Your next meeting is in two hours." Lisa says to her.
"But I don't want to go to another meeting. I've already signed two contracts today. Can't you cancel this one?" Skylar asks, looking at her with puppy dog eyes that would definitely work on me. Woah, Em chill. You barely know her.
"I'm sorry. I can't cancel. They really want to meet with you." Lisa says, her phone ringing.
"Meet me at the car." Lisa says, taking the call and walking away from us.
"It never ends." Skylar half laughs.
"We know how you feel." Ricky says to her, opening his arms for a hug.
"It was nice meeting you guys, though!" Skylar says, hugging him then moving on to Liam and finally hugging me.
"Yeah, you too. Good luck at your meeting!" I tell her, a smile coming to her face.
"Thanks. Good luck with the run through." She says, waving to us as she runs to catch up with Lisa.
"That's gonna be one good movie." Ricky says as he turns to go around the stage to watch the last of rehearsal.
"I'm gonna pretend like I didn't hear that." I say following him, sitting in a chair. Tonight could be fun.

(A/N
Here you go guys! Hope you're liking this so far! Make sure you leave a vote!)

Accidents Happenजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें