Chapter 24

(Skylar's P.O.V)
After dress and tux shopping, Tammy takes us to a fancy shoe store. I walk through the aisles, keeping my dress in mind as I look at the shoes. A pair of silver sparkly heels catch my attention and I find my size, sitting on a bench and trying them on.
"Find a pair?" Ricky asks smiling at me.
"I think so. How about these?" I ask, standing up in them and walking a few steps in them.
"How can you walk in those?" Ricky asks me, making me laugh.
"It's not hard." I giggle, sitting down and taking them off, putting them in the box and changing back into my converse.
"Did you find shoes?" I ask looking at him.
"Yeah, mom has them. Wherever she is." He smiles, making me giggle again.
"Well, we ladies love our shoes." I smile, walking past him, going towards the checkout.
"Wait for me!" He says, running up behind me and wrapping his arm around my waist. I giggle at him, making him smile.
"What?" He asks chuckling.
"Nothing." I smile, kissing his cheek, meeting Tammy at the checkout.
"Hello my children." She says smiling at us.
"Aloha." I giggle, Ricky looking down at me.
"Aloha?" He asks, making me nod before we both laugh.
"You need help." He says, shaking his head slowly.
"I'm beyond help." I admit, making Tammy laugh.
"At least she admits it." She says, making Ricky shake his head before laughing again. I giggle and the woman behind the counter, slides the shoes across the scanner before taking the security tag off and putting the box in a bag. I take the bag from her and stand off to the side, waiting for Ricky to walk over to me.
"Now where?" Tammy asks us.
"Can we go home yet?" Ricky asks and I look at him making him smile. I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket and I take it out, seeing I have a new text message. I unlock my phone and see it's from Emery. I lock my phone, wanting to wait to read it. I follow Ricky out to the car and I put the bag with the other stuff we bought.
"You okay?" Ricky asks curiously once we get into the car.
"Yeah, why?" I ask looking at him.
"You just seem a little different." He says, making me giggle.
"How am I different?" I ask poking his shoulder gently.
"I dunno." He laughs, turning in his seat and poking my sides, making me laugh again.
"Stawp." I giggle, falling against his shoulder, pulling my knees to my chest and grabbing at his hands.
"No." He laughs, tickling me again. I laugh and push his hands off, making us both laugh again. I turn around and start tickling him, making him laugh harder.
"Okay okay. I'll stop." He says laughing, holding my wrists, making me giggle.
"Calm down." Tammy says to us as she gets in the car, making me giggle as I move back to my seat.
"Yeah, Ricky, calm down." I giggle, sticking my tongue out at him.
"Yeah, yeah shush." He chuckles, pulling his seat belt on. I laugh and do the same, leaning my head back against the seat as Tammy drives around LA.
"Hey mom, Vince said I need to go to set." Ricky says and she nods.
"Okay." She replies, heading to the freeway to universal studios.
"Reshoot?" I ask curiously.
"No, he wants to do another scene. Which could take forever. I don't know when I'll be able to come over later." He says sighing.
"Babe, don't worry. I'll be there all night. Just text me when you leave the lot." I tell him, leaving over and kissing his cheek gently. Tammy pulls up to the security booth and shows Ricky's card, the guy in the booth, opening the gate for us. She drives through and pulls up to Ricky's set building.
"Bye. Have fun!" Tammy says smiling at him.
"I'll try. Love you mom." He says, taking the card from her. I slide across the seats and get out, opening the front door.
"Have fun. Good luck. Let me know when you get done." I say, looking up at him.
"I will. I love you." He says quietly, leaning down and pecking my lips gently.
"I love you too." I smile, pecking his lips again before getting in the front seat. He walks inside and Tammy pulls away from the curb, leaving the back lot and finding her way back out to the freeway.
"Home for you?" She asks me. I take out my phone and check my messages, reading the text from Emery.
"Um I need to meet my mom at the cafe on sunset." I lie, making her nod.
"You got it." She says, using the exit for Sunset. She pulls up next to the cafe and I smile at her.
"Thank you for taking me dress shopping. I had a lot of fun." I smile, making her nod.
"Anytime! I'll make sure your dress stays nice and neat!" She smiles, making me giggle slightly.
"Bye Tammy." I say, getting out of the car and walking up to the cafe. I open the door and walk in, looking around for Emery. He waves me over to a booth in the corner and I walk to him, sitting down across from him.
"I was beginning to think you wouldn't show up." He says smiling at me.
"What's this about?" I ask looking at him.
"Don't get mad. I just want to talk." He says calmly.
"About what?" I ask, leaning back in the booth.
"Us." He says and I look at him.
"There's nothing between us." I say somewhat harshly.
"Come on. You can't tell me you didn't feel something that day we went bowling." He says looking across the table at me.
"Actually I didn't. It's this thing called acting." I say, glaring at him.
"Look, I'm sorry I was a total ass to you. I never should've pushed you to your breaking point. I'm so sorry. I am. I just don't know how to act around you. I'm not very good at words but I'm gonna try my best to explain this. Please just listen." He says, his tone changing to serious.
"Okay?" I say, sitting up and looking at him.
"I don't know what happens, but when I'm around you I mentally freak out. My heart starts racing, I feel like I could pass out, I can't ever find the right words to say, I don't know what to do. I..I can't figure it out. I've tried to find someone else to crush on but everytime I do, I always pick things out that you do better or I always point out what you would do in a certain situation. I've tried Skylar. I swear it. Seeing you with Ricky tears me apart." He says, his gaze holding mine.
"It truly hurts me when I see you together. I know you and him are close and you've had a little better friendship than we've had. And I regret every second I didn't get to know you. I hate myself every single day because of how I treated you. I should've been there for you when you needed me but all I was, was a total jerk. And I regret it. And everytime I see you with Ricky, it makes me think of everything I've done and said wrong to you." He continues, making me look down slightly before looking back up at him. Is he actually serious about this? Or is it another mind game of his?
"Sky, all I want to know is, do you like me at all? Even as a friend?" He asks, sounding nervous.
"Of course. You're my friend. We didn't exactly get off on the right foot but I'd be willing to try and be friends with you. I know you don't like it but I have feelings for Ricky. I should've given you a chance to get to know me. I shouldn't have just blocked one person out. I know you meant well and I'm sorry I pushed you away." I say, looking at him. He smiles slightly and nods his head.
"Can we start over?" He asks softly, making me nod.
"So everything that happened in the past is out the window right?" He asks curiously, making me giggle slightly.
"What stuff?" I ask, making him chuckle.
"I'm glad you came." He smiles at me.
"It's not like I was busy." I laugh, making him smile bigger.
"I'm surprised. I thought I'd have to have an appointment to meet with you." He teases me, making me laugh again.
"Now that you say something, appointments may be a good idea." I smile, looking at him.
"Oh no. I'm doomed." He laughs, facepalming, making me laugh again.
"So are you working on any projects?" I ask curiously, making him smile slightly.
"I worked on Best friends whenever as the role of Cameron. I only had like three lines though." He says shrugging slightly.
"Interesting. That's a pretty solid start though." I say, making him agree.

(Emery's P.O.V)
Why did I have to fall in love with her? I knew I'd only get hurt. I don't know why I thought this time would be different. If only there was a way to make her love me...

(A/N
HEY GUYS! Sorry it's been a while! But I hope you enjoy this chapter! I'll try and update regularly now that school is over! Yay! Haha hope you like this and I hope you've had an amazing day! Love you guys!)