Chapter 14

Ricky's P.O.V)
Skylar and I walk for a while, eventually stopping and sitting on a bench on some side street.
"I'm sorry I got you into that." She says, staring at the ground.
"Don't be sorry." I say, scooting closer to her, playing with her hair gently.
"I just feel like I've screwed everything up for you." She sighs, wiping under her eye, trying to hide her tears from me.
"Sky, baby, please don't cry." I say softly, leaning my forehead against hers gently.
"I can't help it, Ricky. I'm sorry." She says, my heart breaking at the sight of her in this much pain, tears coming to my eyes.
"Please don't be sorry. You didn't do anything wrong. I promise." I whisper, wiping her tears away gently with my thumb. I kiss her forehead softly, her head falling against my shoulder. I wrap my arms around her tightly, holding her close to me.
"My neck hurts." She says softly, looking up at me with tired eyes.
"Why don't we get you home?" I ask her softly and she shakes her head.
"I just need to be with you for right now." She says quietly, a small smile coming to her face.
"Whatever you need, angel." I smile, stroking her hair gently and humming to her.
"I love you." She whispers, snuggling closer to me.
"I love you too, Sky." I smile, kissing the top of her head lightly.
"Thank you." She says softly to me.
"For what, babe?" I ask curiously, running my hands through her hair slowly.
"Protecting me. You didn't have to do that." She says and I almost wanna laugh, but I don't.
"Honey, I did it because I would've hated myself if something happened to you. When he punched the window, I thought you'd been cut, and that thought alone scared the crap out of me. I wouldn't have been able to live with myself if something happened to you." I admit, a small smile coming to her face, my hand resting gently against her cheek.
"Do you think they'll get a new chairman? Or will they let him be free to terrorize us again?" She asks, making me smile softly.
"Let's not worry about that right now. Okay?" I say and she nods slowly, leaning against my arm again.
"I'm so lucky I have you." She says quietly, wrapping her arms around my waist tightly.
"I think I'm just as lucky to have you." I smile, playing with her hair gently. She giggles and I swear my heart skips a beat. She had this adorable way of making me so happy without even trying. I smile as she looks up at me, looking in my eyes.
"Sky, Ricky. Come on." I hear someone say.
"Please don't call me Sky." Skylar says to her manager, Claire.
"Sorry. It won't happen again." Claire apologizes, leading us back towards the car.

(Skylar's P.O.V)
After about an hour of being alone with Ricky, Claire comes to find us, leading us back to a different car. I get in the front and pull my belt across my lap, leaning my head against the back of the seat. Most of the ride to my house is completely silent, but a comfortable one. Claire pulls over to the curb and stops, unlocking the doors.
"I'll see you at 7:30. Goodnight, Skylar." Claire smiles softly at me.
"Goodnight." I nod, walking with Ricky up to the door. I use my key and let Ricky go in, a small smile on his face. I follow him inside and shut the door quietly, leaning against it. He looks at me and I fake a smile, even though he can probably see right through me.
"I love you." He says softly, my real smile finally coming through.
"I love you too." I smile, walking to him, wrapping my arms around his neck, his hands on my waist. Just as I'm about to lean in, my phone rings, the ringtone I have for my mom. But...isn't she at work?
"Hello?" I ask, sliding the answer button.
"Skylar. Where are you?!" She asks frantically.
"I'm at home with Ricky. Why?" I ask her, starting to get anxious.
"I need you to have Claire bring you home to Burbank. Your brother was in a car wreck and the doctors don't think he'll make it." She says, breaking down at the end.
"W-what? N-no. That's insane." I say, tears filling my eyes and my voice breaking.

(Ricky's P.O.V)
"Hello?" Skylar asks into the phone. She listens to the voice and her face immediately falls.
"W-what? N-no. That's insane." She says, tears filling her eyes. Oh hell no. Please don't cry. I can't handle it, Sky. I watch her carefully, my heart slowly breaking with each second she listens to the voice. She looks at me briefly and wipes her eyes.
"O-okay. Bye." Skylar chokes out softly, tears streaming down her face.
"Baby, what's wrong?" I ask softly, stepping closer to her. She practically collapses in my arms, gripping my shirt tightly.
"Hey, Sky. What's the matter?" I ask worriedly, rubbing her back slowly.
"Sebastian." She sobs, gripping on to me tighter.
"What about him?" I ask softly, kissing her forehead softly.
"Car wreck. A-and...-" She says but I cut her off.
"Say no more. Let's get going. I'll call Joby and he can meet us there." I say and she nods, handing me her phone. I call Claire, Joby and my mom, letting them know I'll be with Skylar for the rest of the night.
"Hey, Emery. I need you to do me a favor." I say as I follow Skylar out the front door.
"Yeah, sure what's up?" He asks curiously on the other end.
"I need you and Liam to ride with Joby to Burbank. Skylar's brother was in an accident and she needs all the support she can get." I say into the phone.
"Alright. We're on our way. Wait, why are you with her?" He asks and I sigh quietly.
"I'll explain it later. I gotta go." I say and hang up, getting in the backseat with Skylar, her body instantly leaning against mine.
"You okay?" I ask her, even though I know her answer.
"No." She sighs, playing with my fingers gently.
"I'm sorry, baby. I wish I could take away the pain." I sigh, tears coming to my eyes. Seeing her like this always tore me apart. Why can't one thing go right? Just for her?
"Want to listen to the radio?" Claire asks.
"No." Skylar says quietly, leaning her head against my shoulder. I lay my head against hers, humming softly, playing with her hair. I notice that she finally falls asleep, her hair covering most of her face. I smile to myself and kiss the top of her head softly. Don't worry, baby. I'm not going anywhere...

(A/N
Hey guys!! Sorry it's been a while! Had a bit of writers block. But I think I did pretty well on this. Let me know what you think! Thanks for being so patient! I appreciate it! Love you guys!)