Chapter 31

(Skylar's P.O.V)
Ricky and I continue to read my script until I can say it without having to look at the lines.
"You did it!" He says cheerfully, a tired smile on his face.
"Thanks for helping me with this." I say to him.
"Of course, I'd do anything for you." He smiles at me, causing me to smile back at him. I put both scripts away and I go sit on my bed, checking my phone. A tweet gets my attention, but I push it aside and out of mind. I lay back on my bed and start to get tired, trying to convince myself to get up and change. I give in and rise from my bed, going into the bathroom, taking off my makeup, washing my face and changing into my pajamas. I come back into my bedroom, seeing Ricky on his phone. I turn out the light and crawl into bed, pulling the covers over me and snuggling into them.
"Night, babe." Ricky says softly, kissing my forehead
"Night." I say, closing my eyes and sighing happily. I start to drift off to sleep and all my worries and problems vanish.

(Emery's P.O.V)
I walk around LA, thinking about what Liam told me. He was right, I shouldn't be such a jerk, I mean afterall I did cause her to hate me. If I hadn't been such an ass, maybe I could've been dating her. She doesn't deserve what Ricky is dishing out to her. If I could turn back time, I'd go back to the day I met her and change everything. I'd be the one she'd hang out with, not him. The sight of them together makes me sick. Not because I like her, because I don't really, anymore. It's because I know that what they have, is a lie, well at least from Ricky's side of things. I look around at my surroundings and decide to just walk home since it's not too far away.

(Skylar's P.O.V)
"Skylar. Sky!" My mom's voice says, waking me.
"What?" I ask groggily.
"I got your text. Rise and shine. You have a contract to sign." She says excitedly.
"Where's Ricky?" I ask her.
"What do you mean?" She asks and I roll over, seeing nothing but an empty bed beside me.
"He was here, last night, we went over my lines." I say and she smiles sadly.
"I don't think so." She says and I grab my phone, scrolling through my notifications. I toss my phone aside and get up, walking into the bathroom and taking a quick shower, doing my hair and makeup the same way I always do. I keep the towel around me and go into my room, picking out skinny jeans, a concert tee and leather jacket. I go back into the bathroom and pull on the clothes I just picked out, fixing my hair and the collar of my jacket.
"So, it was all a dream?" I ask, standing in the doorway of my room.
"I'm sorry, Sky." My mom says, making me nod as I fight off tears. I look down at my hands and try to remotivate myself.
"Alright, let's go." I say after a few minutes of silence. I get my phone and sunglasses, walking down the stairs and into the kitchen, grabbing a pop tart and going out to my mom's car. I get in the passenger side and put my sunglasses and seatbelt on, leaning my head back against the seat as my mom gets in and starts the car. The radio plays quietly in the background, the same old scenery out my window. I slouch a little in my seat and fold my arms over my chest, feeling like the life had been drained out of me. All of it was a dream. Ricky never came back. He never said those things to me. To think I'd even be that stupid to consider taking him back.
"So what's this project for?" My mom asks, breaking the silence.
"Um, I don't really know for sure. The dirsctor never said. He just asked if I wanted to come back for this movie and then he asked about a future project." I respond, putting my hair behind my ear.
"Do you think it's a sequel?" She asks and I shrug.
"Possibly. I guess it always could be." I reply, the palm trees and open mountains soon turning into the tall buildings of the city.
"Will you still be with Claire?" She asks me and I nod.
"I've requested her. Hopefully I get her back, she's one of the best managers so far." I say, looking out at all the tourists on Hollywood Blvd.
"You know I'm very proud of you, don't you?" My mom asks as she parks along the curb.
"I know." I smile a little at her.
"You're a strong girl and I'm very proud of the woman you're becoming." She says and I smile again.
"Thanks, Mom. That means a lot coming from you." I say, hugging her tightly.
"Now, go, I'll be right here when you come out." She tells me and I laugh, pulling away from the hug and unbuckling my belt, opening my door and grabbing my phone.
"I love you, Skylar." My mom says to me before I get out.
"I love you, too, mom." I smile, getting out and shutting the door behind me, walking inside my recent second home.
"Skylar!" Claire says happily, running over to me and hugging me tightly.
"Hi, Claire." I giggle, hugging her back, feeling happier than before.
"Let's go get you back in work!" She says cheerfully, making me laugh as she tugs on my wrist. I follow her to the elevator and we talk about the things we missed the most.
"Skylar!" The director calls out to me, making me smile as I walk to him, going to shake his hand but being pulled into a hug instead.
"Hello, sir." I smile, pulling back.
"I'll fetch the contract, please, join me in my office for the time being. After you." He smiles at us, opening the door for us.
"Thank you." I answer for both Claire and myself.
"Now, the set times will be the same and there's no true changes. The cast is the same and so are the lines. Only thing that's changed is the stage number." He tells me and I nod, reading through the new packet he handed me.
"Oh, what is it now?" I ask curiously, grabbing a pen to write it down.
"It's 22 now, we had to move for some Marvel movie." He says rolling his eyes, I giggle and write the number at the top of my page, holding on to the pen.
"So the set time is 7:30 a.m., cell phones are allowed but must be on silent during taping, and later this week, we have a field trip of 6th graders coming through to see what you guys do on a set. We'll tape a deleted scene for them and show them what goes into it. That's on Friday, you're required to be on set by 6:30 a.m. that day, to run over lines, wardrobe and set up for a meet and greet, signing." He says and I nod, writing some notes on the packet.
"And Friday at 9:30 p.m., we'll hold a meeting to discuss matters of your next project, a love interest in a music video," He says, making me look up at him.
"Seriously?!" I ask excitedly.
"Yes, no further details revealed until Friday." He smiles at me and I groan, nodding at him.
"Saturday, there's a redo taping if it's needed. Then Sunday, the crew and I will begin the editing process and hopefully by next Saturday, it'll be ready for a cast showing and then we'll proceed with marketing and shoot a trailer." He says, making me nod.
"I will send out a reminder later this week, possibly on Wednesday to remind you of everything." He says, nodding to me.
"Okay, now, will there be just one trailer shoot?" I ask curiously.
"As of right now. That could change in the near future as it could potentially be a huge hit. The movie has two of the best lead actors in Hollywood right now, in my opinion, so if the views skyrocket, we'll release another teaser for it and see how that goes. All of this is going to be a teasing, mind game." He says and I smile, looking over at Claire.
"Anything to keep the fans wanting more." I smile and he nods, smiling back at me.
"Exactly, and with you being a role model, it'll be even bigger." He says, writing a note on his notepad.
"Now I want to discuss another matter with you." He says and I nod slowly.
"Okay?" I ask looking at him.
"Hollywood Records called me this morning and told me that Emery has tried to get you booted from the industry." He says and I sigh, fixing myself in the chair.
"Of course he's been trying that." I sigh, putting my fingers on my head.
"I, however, will see to it, personally, that nothing happens to you. You are what this industry needs and I refuse to let anyone else say otherwise." He says and I smile, nodding again.
"Thank you." I smile, looking over at Claire again.
"Any other questions?" He asks.
"Yeah, what days do I need to report to set?" I ask and he checks his calendar.
"Every day except for Sunday. Unless we need to do a second redo shoot." He says and I nod, typing all the set days into my phone.
"Okay, and the set times are the same for all week?" I ask.
"Yes. All except Friday and it's an hour earlier than normal." He says, making me nod as I type in the times and extra notes.
"Do I need to be on set tonight?" I ask, locking my phone and putting it in my lap.
"Yes, I need you there at 7:30 p.m. for the night scene." He says, clicking his pen.
"And that's, which scene?" I ask, looking through the script.
"I believe it's the dance scene." He says and I nod, my heart sinking a little, thinking about my senior prom I missed out on.
"Right. Okay. So set at 7:30 p.m. anything else?" I ask curiously, looking at him and Claire.
"Cast and family party is to be determined one day on set, we'll discuss matters when the project wraps. Until then, no." He says and I nod.
"You're free to go, have a good day and I'll see you both on set tonight." He says smiling at us, standing up as we do, reaching his hand out to both of us. I shake his hand and walk over to the door, opening it and waiting for Claire to join me in the hallway. We walk down the hall and continue talking about the week ahead and I start to feel eager.
"The music video has me so excited!" I giggle, holding my script against my chest.
"You'll love it. I've heard the details and I can't wait for you to hear." Claire says smiling at me. We reach the lobby and I look over, seeing Ricky and Emery talking to an agent, a girl attached to Ricky's hip.
"You okay?" Claire asks me.
"Y-Yeah, fine." I smile at her.
"Hey Skylar!" Liam says cheerfully, walking over to me, hugging me tightly.
"Hi." I smile, hugging back.
"How are things?" He asks me.
"Pretty good! Exciting things are happening for me. What about you guys?" I ask him.
"They've both been picked up for a couple Disney shows. I'm just hanging back and working on some new songs with the producers." He says, making me nod.
"Well, that's pretty cool! Tell them I said congrats. I can't wait to see what you're working on. I have to get going now but I'm sure I'll see you around." I say, making him smile.
"For sure! See ya, Skylar." He says, walking back over to the other two. I notice Ricky looking at me as I follow Claire from the building.
"You were strong in there." She says to me.
"Eh, I'm getting over him, one step at a time." I smile at her, walking to my mom's car.
"You'll get there." She smiles and I nod, opening the door.
"I'll be on set at 6:30, meet me there and don't forget dinner!" I say and she laughs.
"Yes, ma'am." She says and I giggle, shaking my head.
"Don't call me that." I say, smiling at her.
"Right. Okay so I'll meet you on set with food, anything else?" She asks me.
"I don't think so, if I think of anything else I shoot you a text." I say and she gives me a thumbs up.
"We'll see you later." She says and I nod, getting in the car. I shut the door and my mom pulls away from the curb, a bright smile on her face.
"What?" I ask smiling at her.
"I'm just glad that you're finally happy again." She tells me.
"I'm not fully back to normal yet, but I'm getting there. Besides? I have a job to focus on now. I don't need him or anyone for that matter, trying to control my emotions." I smile, looking over at her.
"He doesn't deserve you anyway." She says and I giggle, grabbing the bag of food from the console.
"There's fries and a shake, and of course, a burger for you." She says and I smile.
"Thanks mom." I say happily, starting to eat my lunch.
My mind starts to wander and I remember the look on his face when I seen him.

If only he still loved me the way I used to love him.