Chapter 17

(Skylar's P.O.V)
After 2 hours of crying, I don't think there's anything left. Ricky never left my side once and I don't think I'll ever be able to thank him enough for it.
"I'll be back." I tell him, getting up and walking to the desk, asking where the restroom is. I nod and walk down the hall, which by the way, feels like forever, before finally finding the bathroom. I look in the mirror and sigh at the reflection of myself. I get a paper towel and wet it, wiping away the mascara that's run down my face. I throw it away and lean against the counter, looking at my alien reflection before turning my back and slowly walking out the door and back down the hall.
"Hey Skylar. Can I talk to you?" Emery asks leaning against the wall.
"Uh sure." I say quietly, looking at him. He grabs my hand and I try pulling it back but he refuses to let go.
"Emery." I groan, trying to push his hand off mine as he drags me down the hallway.
"Be quiet." He snaps, pushing to door open to some room.
"No. No. Get away from me." I groan, wishing I was stronger than I truly am.
"Baby, relax. I'm not gonna hurt you." He says and my blood runs cold at the name.
"Don't call me that." I say weakly, barely able to keep my eyes open as I watch his every move.
"What can I call you?" He asks smirking at me, running his hands down my waist slowly.
"Not cool dude." I groan, shoving his hands off of my waist, instantly regretting it when he pins me against the wall, putting his hand on my hip.
"I just wanna talk." He says, biting his lip. I see right through his lie and I whimper, trying to think of a way to get out of here.
"You know I love you." He starts, trying to kiss me but I turn my head.
"I don't love you, though." I say, closing my eyes and squeezing them shut.
"You will." He chuckles, putting his hand under my shirt slightly, making me jump.
"No. I won't." I say, shoving him off of me and trying to unlock the door quickly. I get it unlocked but I'm pinned against the door before I can pull it open.
"You shouldn't have done that." Emery warns, his tone cold and harsh. I use what's left of my strength and I shove him away again, this time getting the door open and taking off down the hallway. I see Ricky walking towards me and I run into him, his arms finding my waist quickly.
"There you are. I was so worried about you." He says hugging me tightly.
"Emery." I choke out, starting to cry.
"Baby, what happened?" Ricky asks softly, his tone gentle and concerned.
"H-he grabbed me and t-took me to that r-room." I sob, Ricky's body language changing quickly.
"It's okay. I've got you." Ricky says softly, kissing the top of my head gently.
"Let's go find your mom. Okay?" He says and I nod slowly, taking his hand in mine and following him down the hall.
"Skylar. Wait." Emery says running up to us.
"No." I say to him, not even having the guts to look up at him.
"Sky." He says softly.
"What part of 'don't call me Sky', don't you understand?" I ask glaring at him.
"But he does." Emery points at Ricky.
"Yeah, and your point is?" I ask him, making him groan.
"Why do you only let him call you that?" Emery asks curiously.
"Because he was the first to call me that? And the last time I checked, he wasn't trying to rape me." I say crossing my arms.
"Woah. You did WHAT?!" Ricky asks, stepping forward and making Emery step back.
"N-nothing!" Emery says putting his hands up.
"Don't lie to me, Emery." Ricky growls, his eyes turning a dark shade of jealous green.
"I'm not." Emery lies, his back now against the wall as he cautiously watches Ricky's every move.

(Ricky's P.O.V)
"Because he was the first to call me that? And the last time I checked, he wasn't trying to rape me." Skylar says and I feel pure anger flood my body.
"Woah. You did WHAT?!" I ask, stepping towards him, making myself look intimidating.
"N-nothing." Emery says nervously, taking a step back with each one I take towards him.
"Don't lie to me, Emery." I growl, taking one last step towards him, his back pinned against the wall.
"I'm not." Emery lies, only pushing closer to my breaking point.
"You're gonna regret it." I snap at him, making him laugh nervously.
"Dude, dude chill, it was all a misunderstanding." He says nervously, putting his hands out in front of him.
"Really, because it seems pretty clear to me." I say, clenching my fist at my side.
"I'm sorry. Okay?!" Emery says, turning his head, waiting for me to hit him.
"Ricky." Sky says quietly from behind me.
"Yeah baby?" I ask, turning around to see tears in her eyes. My mood changing instantly as I see her reading her phone.
"I need to go find my parents." She says, showing me a text from her mom.
"Okay. Let's go." I say softly, putting my arm around her. We find the ICU wing and the double doors open, her mom and dad coming into our view straight away. Skylar runs to them and her mom breaks down, holding Skylar tightly. I walk up to them and put my hand on Skylar's back, looking into the open door, only to see her brother being covered by a white sheet.
"Sky, I'm so sorry." I say softly, looking at her.
"Ricky." Sky cries, leaning into me and sobbing quietly. I put my arms around her and hold her tightly, the pain being almost too much for me.
"He's gone." She cries, tears streaming down her face.
"I'm sorry, baby. I wish I could bring him back." I say, wiping my eyes and kissing her head gently.
"What do I do now?" She whispers, clinging to me.
"We'll figure it out. Okay?" I say softly, hugging her into me.
"Okay." She agrees, falling silent as more tears take over her. I sigh and tighten my grip on her, holding her closer to me.
"I love you, Skylar. So much." I whisper to her, making her nod slowly.
"I love you too, Ricky." She mutters, just as someone comes up to us.
"I'm sorry, Skylar." Liam says quietly, rubbing her back gently.
"Hi." She says quietly, going to hug him. She eventually pulls away and Emery comes up to her, tears in his eyes too.
"I'm so sorry. For everything." He says, opening his arms. She nods and hugs him, breaking away a few seconds later and coming back to me, her arms finding their way around my waist and her head on my chest, as always.
"We should probably go home now." Her dad speaks up, even though he's hard to hear. Skylar agrees but doesn't let go of me. Skylar looks up at me and I smile softly, kissing her forehead and putting my arms around her waist.