Jesse

After college, Beca and Jesse did exactly what they planned. They moved to LA together, Jesse got a job scoring movies and Beca was a music producer.

When their daughter Jana came along, Beca quit her job to stay home with her. Beca was surprised by how much she really loved Jana. They went everywhere together and Beca loved it.

When Jana was around two, Beca and Jesse started having some problems. They had little arguments over small issues, but when Jana was four, things went downhill fast. Jesse ended up sleeping on the couch, but they both felt they would make up.

"Hey Jesse." Beca greeted one morning.

"Hi Becs." He said.

They sat in silence for a little bit.

"No, 'I'm sorry for being such a jerk, Beca.' or maybe just a simple 'I don't like being apart from you'?" Beca asked him. He glared at her.

"Why would I do that? I did nothing wrong." He said.

"You did nothing wrong? Are you kidding me?" Beca yelled. "You are never home! You make no time for this family and we miss you! We miss you when you aren't home!"

"I'm not he only one at fault here! You're just too self absorbed to see it!" He said. "I'm done with you!"

Jesse started to get up. He packed up his things into a duffel bag.

"Where are you going?" Beca asked.

"Anywhere but here." He said and slammed the door in Beca's face.

Beca stood in shock. He was gone forever. The words echoed in her head. "Anywhere but here." She let a tear escape, but quickly wiped it away.

"Mommy?" Jana asked. "Where's Daddy?"

"Daddy left." Beca said coldly.

"When is he coming home?"

"He's not, Jana." Beca said.

"Why not?" The child was hurt and confused.

"Because he doesn't love me anymore."

"I still love you, Mommy."

"I love you too." Beca said and hugged her daughter. She never wanted to let go.

----

Later that afternoon, Jana was napping while Beca sat on the couch thinking. He had left her. Could he do that? Of course he could.

There was a knock on the door. Beca didn't bother fixing her makeup, but knew it was Jesse coming home. She jumped up from the couch and ran to the door. She was shocked to see not Jesse, but Chloe standing in the doorway.

"Hi I'm Chloe Beale from Barden Elementary School. We're trying to raise money for the music program, but you probably don't want to donate. I'm going to leave now." The redhead said, without looking up from the paper in her arms.

"Hi Chloe." Beca said and Chloe finally looked up.

Upon seeing Beca, she engulfed the small brunette in a tight hug.

"I missed you so much." Chloe said.

"Mommy! Is that Daddy? Is Daddy home?" Jana ran down the stairs as fast as her little legs could take her and to the door. "Who are you?"

Before Beca could speak, Chloe replied. "I'm Chloe. What's your name?"

"I'm Jana! Not Jenna, Jana. With an 'a'" Jana said.

"Got it." Chloe replied.

"Come in." Beca said plainly.

Chloe walked into the raised ranch and looked around before following the small family to their kitchen.

"Jana, Sweetie, can you go to your room so Chloe and I can talk?" Beca asked.

"Okay." Jana said and went to her room.

"What's wrong?" Chloe immediately asked.

"Jesse left this morning." Beca sighed. "and now I don't know what to do."

"It's all going to be okay." Chloe said.

"Poor Jana is going to end up like me." Beca said.

"You're not that bad, Becs." Chloe said. '"You're smart, pretty, funny and the best singer I have ever met."

"Are you flirting with me?" Beca asked.

"I had been all throughout college, nice of you to notice." Chloe said.

"Shut up and kiss me." Beca said and Chloe obeyed.

~~~~~~~