Gabby

Based on jasminebryant79 on Instagram's oc Gabby Mitchell-Beale.

Gabby walked through the door with a frown on her face. It had been a long day for her at school. The girls didn't like her at school because of her moms. She loved her moms so much and would do anything for them, but that day, she wished she had a mom and a dad.

That day was different than others. Gabby's fifth grade class had learned how babies were made. Everyone in her class stared at her and whispered to each other.

"Where did Gabby come from?" One girl whispered to her friend.

"Dude, Gabby is a freak of nature." A boy whispered to his friend.

As the sad girl entered the house, she was met by her overly excited mother.

"Welcome home my little sunshine!" Chloe smiled. "Why so blue?"

"It's nothing." Gabby lied and walked past her mother.

"Come on, Gabby." Chloe pouted. "Tell me."

"I said it's nothing." Gabby said in a frustrated tone.

"Woah somebody's grumpy." Beca said, walking down the stairs. "I told you she would end up like me, Chlo."

"If you're even my real mom." Gabby mumbled as she past Beca and went to her room.

After a few minutes of just staring at each other, Beca and Chloe realized one of them was going to have to deal with heir grumpy pre-teen.

"You or me?" Beca asked.

"Me." Chloe replied. "You've had a long day."

"Good luck, my wonderful wife." Beca said and kissed Chloe on the lips. "You're going to need it."

Chloe walked upstairs to her daughter's bedroom door and knocked. After there was no reply, Chloe walked in and sat next to Gabby.

"What do you want?" Gabby asked.

"I just want to talk." Chloe said. "What's wrong? Rough day?"

"We learned about reproduction." Gabby said.

"Oh uh." Chloe said. "Yeah that class is really a day ruiner. How far into detail did they go?"

"Far enough for me to know that you and Mom can't be my real parents." Gabby said.

"What are you talking about?" Chloe said in shock. "Of course we're your real parents!"

"No you're not, you lier!" Gabby screamed. "You adopted me and I didn't know until I had to figure it out myself. Were you ever going to tell me?"

"You're not adopted." Chloe sighed. "You grew inside of me."

"How?" Gabby asked. "Mom isn't a boy." Gabby gasped. "Did you cheat on Mom?!"

"No! I would never cheat on Mom!" Chloe said. "A nice man donated his sperm so I could get pregnant. So genetically, you're not related to Mom, but she's just as much your mother as I am. Please don't treat her any differently."

"I knew it! You've been lying to me!" Gabby yelled.

"No we haven't!"

"Mom isn't actually my mom!"

Beca walked into the room on the verge of tears. This was her worst nightmare. She knew when Gabby found out she would never treat Beca the same.

"Yes she is! It doesn't matter if you're not blood related! She still loves you and cares about you just as much as I do!" Chloe yelled. She never yelled, so when she did, it was bad. Very bad.

Beca backed away a little and Gabby sat in shock.

"Whatever." Gabby finally sighed.

Chloe got up in anger and walked out of the room.

"We're having meatloaf for dinner." Chloe said.

"I hate meatloaf." Gabby said.

"I know." Chloe replied before slamming the door.

---

The next day, Gabby was sitting alone at lunch when another girl came and sat next to her.

"Hi, I'm Kelly." The girl said.

"I'm Gabby." Gabby replied.

"It's nice to meet you." Kelly smiled. "So, you have two moms?"

"It's none of your business." Gabby replied. She was still mad at her moms and didn't want to talk about them.

"Well, I have two dads." Kelly said. "They're pretty cool."

"Really?" Gabby asked.

"Yeah." Kelly smiled. "They adopted me because they love me. I love them too. You know, just because I'm not biologically they're daughter, it doesn't mean they're not my dads."

That afternoon, Gabby went home and bypassed Chloe's open arms. She walked upstairs to Beca's office.

"Mom." She said loudly. "Mom."

Beca turned around and was met by her daughter's embrace.

"I'm sorry." She said while hugging her mother tightly. "I'm really sorry."

"It's okay." Beca said. "I love you."

"I love you too." Gabby replied and she meant it.

~~~~~