Smooth

"You know what you should do?" Amy said, just minutes after Beca admitted having feelings for a certain upperclassman at school. A gorgeous red headed senior that she saw every so often in the hallways. They had met briefly when Beca went to see the school play, which this redhead happened to be the lead in.

"Great job tonight." Beca had said, awkwardly playing with the playbill in her hands.

"Thank you!" The redhead had smiled brightly.

The two high schoolers had mutual friends, Amy being one of them, but never hung out together. Mostly because Beca was a sophomore. Amy was a junior so she got to hang out with the seniors.

"What should I do?" Beca rolled her eyes at her best friend.

"You should slide into her dms." Amy suggested.

"What did that even mean?" Beca asked.

"Subtly start little conversations with her." Amy said like it was obvious. "You have her Instagram right?"

"Yeah." Beca said.

Amy grabbed Beca's phone and Beca lunged forward.

"I'm doing what's best for you!" Amy insisted as she typed a message and hit send.

"No!" Beca yelled. "What did you say?!"

"'Hey I heard a rumor you like me. Is that true?'" Amy said.

"You did not." Beca said.

"I did." Amy smirked.

"No no no no." Beca muttered.

Ding!

"'From who?'" Any read aloud. "She's not denying it!"

"Amy! Stop bothering her!" Beca protested.

Amy typed another message and sent it.

"Someone left a note in my locker. Is it true?"

"I barely know you."

"But you're not denying it."

"I do think you're very cute."

"BECA!!!" Amy yelled at the top of her lungs. Beca had gone to the bathroom quickly while Amy continued typing texts for the younger teen.

"Let me pee!" Beca yelled back.

"It's urgent!" Amy said.

Beca emerged from the bathroom, hands still wet and jeans unbuttoned. "What could possibly be more important than emptying my bladder?"

"Chloe called you cute." Amy smirked.

"What?!" Beca grabbed the phone and stared in disbelief. "What do I say?"

Amy took the phone back an quickly typed a reply.

"How does dinner sound? Friday night?" It read.

"I can pick you up at seven <3" Chloe replied.

"How are you so good at this?!" Beca asked Amy.

Amy shrugged.

- - -

Friday night came and Beca had Amy over to help her get ready.

"Chloe is probably going to pull up in a perfect car, wearing a low cut bright dress and I'm going to get in wearing black jeans and a leather jacket." Beca sighed.

"I've seen Chloe's car, it's nothing to be impressed by." Amy laughed.

The two best friends sat, looking out Beca's bedroom window.

"Duck!" Amy yelled as an old SUV pulled up Beca's long narrow driveway.

Beca obeyed, ducking low enough so that Chloe couldn't see her.

The doorbell rang moments later and Beca went downstairs to answer it.

"Hi." Chloe smiled.

She was wearing a gorgeous black dress and had straightened her hair.

"You look beautiful." Beca found herself saying.

"You too." Chloe said.

Amy came barreling down the staircase.

"Amy?" Chloe laughed.

"Hey Chlo!" Amy waved.

"Bye Amy." Beca shooed the blonde away.

"Now you two lovebirds have fun. Make sure you use protection!" Amy said before skipping to Beca's kitchen (probably to steal any food that was left).

"Were you planning on-" Chloe began to ask.

"No no." Beca shook her head. "No no no no no. Absolutely no."

"Wow eight 'no's and an 'absolutely'." Chloe teased.

"That doesn't mean I won't want to in the future!" Beca corrected herself. "It's just, I'm not really, ya know, the type to hook up on the first date."

"Lets get going." Chloe tried to change the subject.

Beca followed Chloe to her car and climbed into the passenger seat.

"I saw you and Amy peaking out your bedroom window." Chloe said as she turned on the car.

Beca turned red with embarrassment and it didn't go unnoticed by Chloe.

"Hey, don't be embarrassed." Chloe said, cupping Beca's cheeks. "I think it's cute."

Beca smiled a little, but then Chloe pulled her hands away.

"I also know it wasn't you messaging me." Chloe said.

"What?" Beca said like she had no idea what Chloe was talking about.

"I know it was Amy." Chloe laughed.

"Do you not want to date me?" Beca asked.

"Of course I do." Chloe said. "I just want you to know, you can trust me enough to type your own texts."

"Okay." Beca sighed.

The years went by and Beca never let Amy text Chloe for her again. She knew she could trust Chloe enough to see past the awkward emojis and weird spelling mistakes.

~~~~