Florida

Prompt: Write a story using the following 5 quotes:

"I got us a dog!" I squealed, rushing (name) outside to see our adorable new pet. She screamed in response. "That's not a dog, that's a freaking crocodile!"

My feet started to rise off of the ground, and I soon felt myself rise 2 feet off of the floor. Suddenly, (name) walked in, and I fell straight to the ground. "(Name)," I complained. "You ruined my possession!"

"I think I'm going to apply to an art school. My photos have gotten much better." I said, passing the pile of photographs over to (name). She squinted at them as she flipped through. "How exactly would you get into an art school with like, 25 pictures of your double chin?"

"I'm so hungry..." I mumbled before ripping off my toenail and eating it. I spit it out. "Okay, not that hungry."

"NO!" I screamed, slapping the burger out of her hands. "Fried foods are the reincarnation of Satan himself! Do not fall victim to the complex carbohydrates! Veganism is the key to eternal life!" I screeched, flapping my arms around like I was ancient mythological bird-God.

~~~~~~~~~~

After college, Beca and I decided to move to Florida near my family. I loved it there and it was really starting to affect my life.

One morning, I was feeling really happy and thought to myself "we should get a dog!" I drove to the shelter and looked for the perfect dog to surprise Beca. Sitting in the cage was an adorable little puppy. I took her home and tied her to the fence outside.

"Beca! I have a surprise!" I said as I walked through the door.

"What is it?" Beca asked.

"I got us a dog!" I squealed, rushing Beca outside to see our adorable new pet.

"That's not a dog, that's a freaking crocodile!" Beca screamed

"What?" I said and followed her gaze. "Not that! The dog's over here."

I led her to the fence and she knelt down to pet the dog.

"We should probably get inside before the crocodile eats us." She said.

"Good plan." I said and scooped up the dog before heading inside.

Later that night, Beca and I sat down to eat dinner together.

"I think I'm going to apply to art school. My photos have gotten much better." I said, passing the pile of photographs over to Beca. She squinted at them as she flipped through.

"How exactly would you get into art school with like, twenty five pictures of your double chin?" She asked.

"I don't know. People like weird, don't they?"

"Not that weird, Chloe." She said and passed me back the portfolio.

For dinner, Beca had a hamburger and I had a salad. Out of nowhere, my stomach started to growl, but I had already eaten.

"Do you want a bite?" She asked, motioning to her burger.

"No!" I screamed, slapping the burger out of her hands. "Fried foods are the reincarnation of Satan himself! Do not fall victim to the complex carbohydrates! Veganism is the key to eternal life!" I screeched, flapping my arms like I was an ancient mythological bird-God.

I ran out of the kitchen into the bedroom and slammed the door. I began to pray. "I did as you wanted. I did not eat the burger." My feet started to rise of the ground and I soon felt myself rise two feet off the floor. Suddenly, Beca walked in, and I fell straight to the ground. "Beca," I complained. "You ruined my possession."

"What?" She asked.

"I was levitating and then you and your burger eating body walked in and ruined it!" I pouted.

That night, right before bed, Beca and I had our usual talks.

"I'm so hungry..." I mumbled before ripping off my toenail and eating it. I spit it out. "Okay, not that hungry."

"You could've eaten the burger." Beca mumbled.

"But then He would be unhappy and I would be fat." I said.

"Hey! Are you calling me fat?" Beca asked.

"No, because you're body can process the fat." I tried to explain. "Plus, I think killing animals to eat when we could just eat plants is evil."

I won that argument.

I think.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~