6.

"Aww look Holden, the little kiddies are planning a party." Lucas said walking into the living room with company.

"Wow, do you think there will be a clown?" The guy who I assume is Holden responded.

"It depends, are you available?" I said looking away from the TV towards the dark-haired man standing next to Lucas.

"Let me guess, Riley?" He said, the two walking over to where Tyler and I were sitting.

"Nice guess." I retorted.

"Damn, you weren't joking about her." Holden said leaning into Lucas and laughing. I wanted to ask what Lucas' friend meant by that but I don't think Tyler heard it and I don't want to draw attention to it.

"If you must know I'm writing a guest list, I don't want anyone to crash." Tyler said defending the unnecessary amount of preparation he was putting into this party he was throwing on Saturday. Tyler's parents are going out of town for the weekend since they've managed to get some time off work. Tyler, being the good kid he is asked his parents if he could have a house party, they said yes but if it got out of hand there would be consequences. I think Tyler just wants to show them that they can trust him to throw a party and know that it won't spiral out of control...as some teen parties do.

"People are going to crash baby bro, that's what happens." Lucas said sitting down next to Tyler and Holden sitting down next to me so Tyler and I were in the middle.

"Not if I can stop it." Tyler muttered.

"Aww, You're cute, right Holden?" Lucas cooed.

"Yeah, so naïve and innocent." Holden countered.

"I think Riley would disagree." Tyler said out of nowhere, making my eyes go wide as I watched the TV screen.

"That was bold." Holden said, "But I think you're going to get into trouble for that one little buddy." Holden ruffled my hair and Lucas patted his brother on the back. I laughed a little to myself and then stood up, walking into the kitchen away from the boys.

"Riley wait."

"Its fine Tyler." I said as I disappeared out of his sight, I grabbed some lemonade from the kitchen and made my way outside, sitting on the grass and looking up at the sky. I took advantage of the summer view; it would be fall soon and I know I will miss it. Even though the fall and winter seasons are stunning for photos, I liked the warmth.

"Are you okay?" said a voice from the patio, I turned to see it was Holden.

"Yeah I'm fine." I replied.

"You got out of there awful fast." He stated sitting down next to me.

"The testosterone levels were too high." I retorted.

"Ah, manly competition too much for you?" He asked.

"I just don't get it." Holden looked at me confused. "It's hard enough being a girl or a guy as it is, we should be building each other up not putting each other down."

"Yeah, you do have a point." Holden smiled. "What's the deal between you and Tyler?"

"What do you mean?"

"Tell me about you guys." Holden said.

"There's nothing to tell, we have been together for a little over 18 months."

"That's a long time." Holden pointed. "I'm guessing you were each other's firsts. How long did he make you wait?"

"What's that supposed to mean?" I snapped.